ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile phone internet connection

Im going on a course in the middle of nowhere soon, I will be taking my laptop and mobile phone.

What is the best and cheapest way to access the internet on a laptop via a mobile phone.

The phone I have is a Nokia N70 on o2 and I have the Nokia PC suit.

TIA

tiTTy & SV650
Not sure for proper internet access via the laptop and mobile but get yourself opera mini for your phone, its a java based thing I think and lets you surf the real internet using your mobile, through normal WAP connection but using the proper internet.

and basically lets you check the forum, emails etc no problems

Last edited:
  Der Panzer
Data card for the Laptop? Think this would be better. Don't know too much about contracts and stuff like that though.

I have Opera mini on my mobile, was great but now it crashes my phone lol on the pluss side o2 have never charged me for internet use..

if you just want to chat msn etc get agilemessenger

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
The N70 has full internet access, but its probably not very cheap.

If you worked for someone like O2 then you could use ya phone over the phone network to access internet via your laptop, but its like dial-up very slow.

You could get a 3g/gprs datacard for your laptop and use your existing simcard in it. It not to bad cost wise but i would check the costs before hand.

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
for just dialup through phone, i use a service called purpledial which just gives you an 0845 number and you dont need to register just have ur latop dial it.

0845 numbers come out my free minutes aswel :)

http://www.purpledial.co.uk/

Just create new internet connection on your laptop,

-select your mobile in the modem list
-0845 029 0116 (tel number)
-any username and pass

and it should work, will be very slow but work :)

p.s guide for xp http://www.purpledial.co.uk/winxpsetup.php

Last edited: