ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mobile phone warrenty

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
Quick question, Got a phone about 3 months ago (nokia 5530) and it has started to play up i.e. touch screen not working properly, freezing etc.

I got it from mobiles.co.uk , do i need to chase them for warrenty or go to Nokia directly. I can imagine going through mobiles.co.uk will be a pig!! :dapprove:

Steve

Either way should work. I'm in the same situation with a phone from orange. Hoping orange will just swap it for a replacement or I may just go to nokia direct rather than piss about sending it off.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Either way should work. I'm in the same situation with a phone from orange. Hoping orange will just swap it for a replacement or I may just go to nokia direct rather than piss about sending it off.

Go straight to Nokia mate! Orange are f**king shite at sending replacements!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Go to a carphonewarehouse with a proof of purchase, they can fix it.

Probably needs updating, type *#0000# and check (within wifi range)

Go straight to Nokia mate! Orange are f**king s**te at sending replacements!

Really? My brother and mate have had replacements and they were sent the next day via courier. That was insurance though not standard warranty so maybe different.

Thanks for the heads up.

well according to me first you should go and claim if your phone is in the warrenty period and if that does not work out you can go to the nearest Nokia store

Audi A3
my 4s has broke (had it a month, used for 10 days) they wouldnt replace for a new one straight away and wanted to give me 'not a refurb', but a refurb!

got a new one in the end

Listerine & Poledo
Hey fella,

I am somewhat of THE authority in this particular matter.

TOM is right, you can drop it into any Carphone and should expect it to take about 14 days to be repaired. A Nokia centre may not take as long so if there's one close by, that's your best bet.

Only problem may be if Nokia exchange your handset, then CPW / Mobiles will have no record of that IMEI and you may get some trouble.

First, though, software update, fixes a lot of things, just back up all your data first!

Listerine & Poledo
my 4s has broke (had it a month, used for 10 days) they wouldnt replace for a new one straight away and wanted to give me 'not a refurb', but a refurb!

got a new one in the end

Even Apple will only exchange used handsets for "refurb" units.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Go to car phone warehouse epair all nokias can be repaired by them Foc under warranty most centres will do it in a day not have to send it off .

Listerine & Poledo
the Carphone store out in the shopping comples has a repair centre there, can be a 1/2 day turnaround depending on workloads

Audi A3
Even Apple will only exchange used handsets for "refurb" units.

that was garbage imo, id paid for a brand new one, and 10 days after registering/using it it broke and they only wanted to give me a refurbed one! no chance. i could of bought a refurbed for a good chunk less.