ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOD results

Fitted my Hill Power Air intake pipe today. eveyone go and buy one (do I get commission Nick ?)

Gone out for a good blast and it definately helps the engine use my Green Air filter to its full potential.

1st is as uncontrolable as usual, 2nd gear seems better, 3rd pulls much better on the gear change and at the top end of revs, 4th & 5th better as well.

It is apparent that the engine is breathing better and feels more responsive too.

Cant wait to fit the Ktec exhaust now and let the exhaust gasses flow better too.

how and where does he fit the etra intake? is there a new hole cut into the airbox or does it us the original?

I fitted it myself in about 10 mins.

It fits between the airbox and the thottle assembly. As it has a larger internal diameter than the original so there is less restiction to the air flow. This mean that when you accelerate the engine is able to get more air in with less of a restriction.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by DannyBoy on 20 December 2003

how and where does he fit the etra intake? is there a new hole cut into the airbox or does it us the original?
I think youre getting confused mate, its not an extra intake...

This is what he means >>>

http://www.hillpower.co.uk/images/photo/172%20inlet%20hose%20kit.jpg

And here is a blue one fitted to a Cup >>>

http://www.hillpower.co.uk/images/photo/172%20cup%20ind%2001.jpg

The standard black plastic one reduces in diameter and thus reduces the size of the inlet, which will restrict airflow, wheras this one is a constant diamter.

kool! doesnt seem alot wider tho. but kool!

What doe sthe little bit that sticks out do? moniter airflow to stop overfuellin? u reckon this could make you car run lean/rich like the viper?

its the engine breather outlet. The standard one has it too.

7mm on the diameter is quite alot of extra surface area and less restriction.