ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modding a MK1 RSI

Focus 2.0 Ghia

Any help and advise on modding an RSI?

Im allready thinking of De-cat pipe and induction kit, but would like advise on whats best to have, or any alternatives that may suit my car.

Please bear in mind im on a budget.

cheers

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Got to get some nice Alloys.. Plenty on the For Sale section !

Get a nive big CLIOSPORT window sticker... Gives an extra 15bhp depending on other mods ;)

Focus 2.0 Ghia

tom if i could afford it at the moment i would. Seriousely.

Chavy re: Cliosport sticker i only got the smalll one what extra bhp will that one give me?...lol

Focus 2.0 Ghia

havnet put it on yet trying to thing whres best to get it noticed.

maybe offside rear window. Maybe get a big one for the back aswell.

You going to be selling them at York?

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Quote: Originally posted by CraigJ on 15 July 2003

havnet put it on yet trying to thing whres best to get it noticed.

maybe offside rear window. Maybe get a big one for the back aswell.

You going to be selling them at York?

I will mention to Jas to bring them to York along with some other goodies..

Focus 2.0 Ghia

Come on guys i was hoping for a bit more help than this. allready got some new alloys on it, but want more.

I know its only an RSI but its in good nick and i cant afford to upgrade.

Wouldnt it be sweet if like mobile phones you could get a free upgrade every so often? lol

only a RSI makes it sound like you have a sh*tter, there isnt that much of a gap between the RSI and the 16v in my opinion so dont let that bother you!!

Decat, spose a induction kit might make a better difference on a rsi to what it does on a 16v, full exhaust.

Cliosport stickers are great until you get FTO drivers giving you the finger!! think we upset them a bit.

Focus 2.0 Ghia

cheers paul,

Suppose your right about there not being much difference, but not many ppl on here will admit that. when you say full exhaust is it actually better performance wise to do that rather than just a de-cat and sports back box?

as for the stickers and FTO drivers, well i dont mind upsetting ppl once in a while.

Si_5 might be able to help on this. He just took his car to Hillpower and had Stage 1 carried out (chip, IK, decat). Dunno what bhp gains there were, but it knocked about 0.5 seconds off the 60mph time, which isnt bad at all for mild mods.

Rhys

Focus 2.0 Ghia

Cheers Rhys,

got a PM of Si this morning telling me about it, it was very helpfull.

he said hes going to york so ill have a look at was hes done and get myself to hill power.

thanks

craig

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Craig, ill race ya on the way to york, well see how much difference there is ;)

Focus 2.0 Ghia

lol@ bubbles. I know your cars gonna be faster than mine. But if your willing to drive like a nutter. ill wait for you to pull into york and have a drink ready for you.;)

Dont know about the performance gains of a full system, i imagine it will give you a little more top end ooomph but thats about it, but get a stainless and it will out run the life of the normal pipe 10fold. Ive only got a backbox on the standard mid pipe with a decat, it did free up some power & noise.

The decat is a worthwhile addition, remember the MOT thing though but its not hard to change, may be a b*****d to get off the cat the first time if its sezed on there ( the four bolts i mean) but any garage would cut them off and replace. If you want a loud (er) exhaust get a unsilenced if you want to remain a little quieter get a silenced. I can reccomend Ktec for either of these...

Focus 2.0 Ghia

Cheers paul, may only do the de-cat for now but will get sports back box later. I have priced up a full stainless including de-cat at £300. But this is not branded and no lifetime gaurentee like with scorpion and magnex etc.

Get the decat off Ktec, they will give you a few quid off if you mention cliosport.

same goes for demon tweeks if you metion cliosport to the bloke there, john harris i think.

when you say non braned whoss selling it?!?

Focus 2.0 Ghia

Quote: Originally posted by Clio16vPaul on 16 July 2003

Get the decat off Ktec, they will give you a few quid off if you mention cliosport.

same goes for demon tweeks if you metion cliosport to the bloke there, john harris i think.

when you say non braned whoss selling it?!?
It was a company called LTC they do Exhausts and alloys.