ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modified Cup insurance

Evening all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of which insurance companies they use to cover a standard\modified 172 cup. I phoned my insurance company today (more than) to swap my cover from an Audi A3 2.0T (group 15) to a 172 cup (group 16) and they said they wouldnt cover me. I am 29 with full no claims so found it a bit strange. When i asked why they couldnt cover me the lady on the phone said its because the engine in the clio is much bigger!! I laughed and tried to explain that it is a matter of 14cc, they are both 2liters and that the audi has a turbo but gave up in the end.

I used to own a cup and insure it with Elephant but the £595 they have quoted me for my new one seems steep.

Cheers
Paul

I had the same problem but i had a 350 bhp impreza turbo, when i got my cup my insurance company would not cover me:eek:. Its the lack of abs.
Im with a flux. supercharged 172 cup £500 fully comp.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Recently changed to Brentace

Lots of mods covered like for like, and they genuinely seemed like they wanted my business which make a nice change!