ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modifying my exhaust.

02 Clio 172
Firstly, let me start by saying this. I'm asking a question, if you have a view which is relevant and possibly of help please feel free to reply. If you want to be funny and say something bitchy, kindly jog on.

Rant over. Sorry, I'm so bored of keyboard warriors.

I've got a K-Tec 182 look alike exhaust (on the car when I bought it) I really like the sound, but I don't like it looking like a 182 when's it's a 172. My question is, if I blank off one of the two pipes coming out of the back box, will I do any damage or impede performance??

Thanks in advance for your (sensible) replies.

afaik not if you are doing it properly... if anything it should be a case of it returning your performance to standard....

when I say properly though mate I am assuming you will be removing the tail pipe from the backbox altogether and sealing the backbox back up

I have no experience in this though and just a basic understanding of how the exhaust system works

02 Clio 172
Cheers. I was thinking the same. I was worried about about causing a restriction in the flow of gasses, but it can only be minimal, yeah?????

Cheers. I was thinking the same. I was worried about about causing a restriction in the flow of gasses, but it can only be minimal, yeah?????

yeah because the car came with only exit pipe anyway mate

aslong as the backbox is sealed properly should be no worries tbh as the pipe that the gasses are leaving the car should be the same diameter as the orginal pipe anyway, if anything the only difference you would notice will be that you probably get slightly better fuel efficiency as there is more pressure in the system rather than the gasses pissing out of two pipes (not that it makes a big difference)

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
if the 2nd pipe comes off the 1st tail pipe then it will be fine. if the 2nd tail pipe comes from the rear box then it could cause a problem.

stick your had with a rag over the end of the 2nd pipe and get someone to rev it. if you can hold the gas pressure in the box with ease you can blank it off with minimal effect. if it blows your hand from the tail pipe then you will cause problems if you blank it off.

Clio 197
Just something to be aware of you may change the sound (slightly) of the exhaust by blocking one of the tailpipes off, I have no hard evidence of this but its something to consider before you hack it up.