ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mods for my new baby 172 ph1

Clio Sport 172 ph1
Hi :)

So finally I'v become a Clio Sport owner :D Since the car is still in the workshop (I bought it damaged in Sweden) I was wondering, maby its a good time do do a little work on it, to get it better on start :) .

So few questions, how do You see it fit and will it work ? :)

Does the 182 4-2-1 exhaust mainfold bolts on to a standart 172 ph1 Clio Sport engine, and does it fit underneath the car ?

Next in line is de-cat, not much to ask about it, but it clears my whole plan

Now, something to get the air flow better, I was thinking to do a little experiment with a standart airbox, put in a GREEN air filter replacement, and modify air ducts so the fresh air is pushed in to it from the front of the car (Just like BCM CDA systems but using standart box)
Whats the point You ask, I dont want the car to be too loud, I got the REMUS end silencer instaled so the car sounds nice enought :)

At the end I gues some ECU work will be necessary ?

What do You think about that ? what power gains can I expect ?

Audi TT 225
No the 182 manaifold wont fit the ph1 engine the exhaust ports are much larger on the ph1, decat is good for a few extra ponies, since its a ph1 the stock airbox is pretty much perfect all you need is an uprated filter like an ITG and replace the restrictive standard air feeds, get 60mm pipes.
You'll always benefit from a remap but it will adjust the fueling correctly to match the mods you have.

Clio Sport 172 ph1
WARNING ! It may be a stiupid question ;)

What about taking a spear ph1 exhaust mainfold ( I can buy it cheap) cut it in "half" and modify to make a 4-2-1 from it ? I understand some calculations have to be made. Is there any chance to make beter than the factory ment it ?

Audi TT 225
Dont think it will work, down pipes are probably different sizes, more hassle than its worth, the stock manifold is fine you'd do better to look at inlet work instead of exhaust becuase thats where the restrictions are.
Get the inlet matched, decat, decent pannel and a remap and you can expect about 190bhp+ imo