ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco 172 from purchase to Trackday Toy

Megane Diesel / 172
Just thought I'd put a quick history of my Clio up, I have been on here previously but not for a while.

Pics here: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Bondy1805/library/?sort=6&page=1

Bought the Clio in Aug 2011 for a silly cheap price as it was always my intention of eventually tracking it (even though at that point I hadn't been on one but it looked all good fun!) so I didn't want a pristine example, always loved the Monaco colour so that was pretty much my only criteria.

Ran the car with the 17's for a while (to dogs abuse on here! :eek:) before I saw the light an got myself some 15" Turbines which I loved on the car. Did a trackday at Castle Combe in July 2012 and the bug bit, quite literally got home and started finding myself a 'sensible' car for the day to day stuff and started stripping the Clio down for the track.

Its now off the road completely and a track only car and one of the best decisions I ever made whilst daydreaming at work (I've had a few).

Comments and abuse, especially about those 17's (and no doubt the dry tyre wheels), welcome.

Thanks

Looks lovely that. Some nice little modifications too.

Only thing for me, as you already predicted, is the wheels.

Would look so much better with some smaller OZ F1s. Which are also a bargain.

Megane Diesel / 172
Yeah, the Pink 'uns where one of those little whims that you get, although they do look good on track, I still love the Turbines, think I might make those my Dry wheels and the Pink ones my Wet ones.