ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More good Wii news =D

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
just how "next generation" is the Wii? I personally can't understand why anyone would want to play nintendo games over xbox360 and ps3?

1.8 Civic EX
the thing with Nintendo games is playabillty, it's not neccasserssesaaerrllyy (sp? :clown:) about the amazing ground breaking gaphics that the others rely on...can't decid whether to get one or not...with the problems I'm having with Microsoft at the moment I think I will...

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Clart said:
just how "next generation" is the Wii? I personally can't understand why anyone would want to play nintendo games over xbox360 and ps3?

Same reason the DS has taken a large dump on the PSP.

Nintendo games are FUN!

Lee

BMW M2C
Microsoft actually see most Xbox 360 owners also owning a Wii.

The way Sony are going they are helping them to achieve that. lol

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
As above really, the Wii is about playing games, Its Small portable and makes the experence of playing a game so much more involving. It's not a hugh entertainment system like the others, its just for playing games in a revolutionary, next gen way

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Also with the PS3 screwups, a lot of people will own a Wii because its cheap and they cant wait for the PS3.

Revels Mum & Sister
I personally cant wait to dance and swing my controller round like a demented t**t when it comes out. :)

Revels Mum & Sister
Indeed it sold a LOT of copies. But that was aimed at kids. Xbox and PS1/2 all have shite games. Probs more so than Nintendo!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
my point is that nintendo games whether intended or not are generally aimed at younger players. perhaps the wii will change that.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
They tryed to change that on the Gamecube, A full remake of Resident Evil came out on the GC's release, was an excellent game.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
what is next generation though?

Is it just purely improving graphics and continuing to improve online game play?

Is it again improving graphics and introducing blu-ray?

Or is it trying to develop how we see and play games by ways of inventive and creative methods of gameplay whilst only just improving the graphics by a Wii bit? ;)

My opinion is the third tbh, but everyone likes differnet things :)

I'll be getting a wii and a 360 tbh. want the bes tof both. :D

Mk2 Golf GTI
The Wii seems more next gen to me than the other two. Blu ray is just a big f**k off DVD and all the other two offer are good graphics yet the same old style of play.

The Wii has brought something new to the table with the way you can control games. Surely that's more next gen than improving the way a game looks?

Graphics dont mean a fat lot anyway, you seen see through that. Look at the Grand Theft Auto series, none have had great graphics but all have been so playable and fun. Final Fantasy 7? Dated graphics but still probably the best FF game. Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark etc etc etc

Plus you cant knock the price.

Renault Clio1.2Versailles
spirez you've got a great point there but the gamecube for me was dissapointing! and ive always been a ps1/2 guy... i mite try the wii at the right price! but as long as they bring out mario kart for it i think we will all be happy!

Revels Mum & Sister
Agree with Spirez. The blu ray drive isnt just a massive storage device. It has brought on the advent on Hi Def movies which ARE a step in the quality stakes!