ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

more power and quicker gearbox ratio's from my 182!!

clio 182 cup
hi. got a 2005 182 cup rally car, engine has throttle bodies but nothing else. it has a standard gearbox but with an ATB LSD. i done my first rally and beat a type R but i am after more power. i have heard that the head off a megane turbo as it has bigger ports etc, is this true? is there any other parts i can use off other renaults to get better performance? also can the 6 speed gearbox from a 197 fit? do they have an LSD? i dont want to spent stupid money on a sequential as im not going to do that many rallys.

any help would be appriciated

many thanks!!

Lotus Elise
Hey, PH1 172 have bigger exhaust ports in the head so might be worth considering along with some Shrick/Cat cams. This will cost roughly the same as http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?596482-F4R-Engine-Building Considering you already have have ITBs these packages could show some very good results.

Regarding gearboxes Burpspeed on here are running a shorter 5th gear ratio check there thread out. 197 box will be hard to fit, the casting is different on the 197 block so will need a custom bell housing.