ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MORE Xbox One issues...

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I know that Microsoft are completely f**king useless at everything they touch, hence why I don't go near them with a barge pole when it comes to phones or computers. However, I've always quite liked their consoles.

But it seems with age, they get worse and worse. Every single time my Xbox One has a large update over night I'm presented with a new annoying problem in the morning. Over the last few months mine has:

- Had the controller disconnect problem get worse and worse.
- Started turning things back on when it switches it off
- Random issues with the sound or picture not coming from the sky box
- Randomly crashing.

And now this morning, the final straw. The picture comes up on the screen in some spastic letterbox format. Sky wont display any sound either. I go into the picture settings, its set to 680x480 and it will NOT let me change anything at all. I've tried a hard reset and all its done is completely wipe my external hard drive of all my f**king games!

Anyone know whats going on here? I'm half tempted to just cut my losses and trade it in for a PS4, or a f**king bag of magic beans for all the good it'll do.

Thanks

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
To anyone reading this who had the same issue.

Apparently it didn't even update, so it just shat itself overnight. I ripped it (literally) out of my cabinet and threw it on the floor. Then plugged it back in, still wouldn't register HD. So I did the same again, now it seems to work.

Fixed with brute force and ignorance, the only way a Microshaft product will be fixed.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Turn it on power save mode if it isn't. That causes a lot of problems with xbox. It was probably the full power cycle you did after unplugging which fixed it.

Mito Sportiva 135
I know that Microsoft are completely f**king useless at everything they touch, hence why I don't go near them with a barge pole when it comes to phones or computers. However, I've always quite liked their consoles.

But it seems with age, they get worse and worse. Every single time my Xbox One has a large update over night I'm presented with a new annoying problem in the morning. Over the last few months mine has:

- Had the controller disconnect problem get worse and worse.
- Started turning things back on when it switches it off
- Random issues with the sound or picture not coming from the sky box
- Randomly crashing.

And now this morning, the final straw. The picture comes up on the screen in some spastic letterbox format. Sky wont display any sound either. I go into the picture settings, its set to 680x480 and it will NOT let me change anything at all. I've tried a hard reset and all its done is completely wipe my external hard drive of all my f**king games!

Anyone know whats going on here? I'm half tempted to just cut my losses and trade it in for a PS4, or a f**king bag of magic beans for all the good it'll do.

Thanks
I've never really had any issues with my Xbox, 360 (except RROD, which happened to every early console!) or One. Sounds like the issue might be with your TV or Sky box perhaps?

Suzuki Jimny
I saw this thread yesterday, thought about posting saying mine has been perfect, only to then power it on and have no sound coming from it, and then it froze.
Excellent.

Mito Sportiva 135
Like most bits of technology, try a hard reset. What is the controller issue? Might be on the way out...my thumbstick got worn out and was ending up in a permanent movement even when I wasn't holding it.

The controller issue has been well documented for ages. Let's not pretend it doesn't exist. Lol.

Touch wood mine hasn't done it for a while.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I have a day one Xbox One and still have had no issues, touch wood it stays that way! Sucks you've had those issues!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I've got a launch console and it's been fine. Although I've definitely jinxed it now...

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I use it daily in its sleep mode (As in, I walk in and say "Xbox on" and everything comes on). I tried a hard reset several times. It took unplugging everything and plugging it all back in twice before it started working again!

Don't get me wrong, I love the way it works with my Amp/Sky Box/TV. But it seems I went from having a really reliable console (Got it not long after launch) and as more updates come more issues happen. The only worthwhile update was changing the home layout, and way back when they enabled the 50Hz mode.

The controller thing is well documented. I've tried different controllers, keeping my phone/laptop away from them and even different batteries! It's completely random and bloody annoying considering the 360 was the first console I owned with wireless controllers and it was flawless from Launch day! Years of progression has just made them more unreliable it seems! It actually stopped doing it after one of the big updates, then a few months after the next big update came and it started again and has been like it since!

The most annoying one is it'll have a week where it turns everything off (After saying xbox turn off) only for the TV to be turned back on a few seconds later! Then for a few weeks it'll not do it, then it'll go back to having a week of playing silly f*****s.

I never researched the issue too much, as it was intermittent for me and appeared to go away with an update. However, I suspect there are too many variables at play to draw a conclusion. Most likely the drop-outs are related to radio traffic in the home.

It hasn't happened to me for months, but to be fair I use my PS4 a lot more than the Xbox.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
My xbox has been away twice to be fixed and it still doesn't hold a controller/wifi connection.

I've formatted it and just let it in its box. f**king thing.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
The launch dashboard should have proved a warning that the console was no where near ready and defined to be buggy as f**k.

dk

911 GTS Cab
The main problem seems to be it wanting to be this does everything box, i don't see why people still use sky through it if its an issue, just use it as a console, something at least sony got right and didn't try to create something that was relying on too many different variables.