ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Morego Clio Sport 202

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

When the engine and displacement gets bigger then so can the gains and turbos help

I remember an article a few years back with an xj220 in and they changed the induction and saw something like 60bhp increase over standard

ian

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Quote: Originally posted by Swervin_Mervin on 07 September 2005

A rolling road cannot be used as proof of power claims, end of.

I thought the claims of 16-17bhp just from a filter, cat back and chip sounded a little optimistic though.
Why cant a rolling road be used for proof of power gains,if you keep using the same rolling road everytime you add somthing to the engine,this is renault testing these parts not some backstreet garage,i think they use the r-sport inlet manifold aswell,

The Jinx

This is BBR that made the claims not Renault. You think a rolling road is constant? What about ambient temperature? It doesnt even begin to simulate the quantities of air that can be swallowed by an engine under normal road use for a kick off.

Dyno testing an engine is the only way you can get accurate power figures. Rolling roads are better used for setting cars up and determining how a car is making its power and seeing if there are flatspots/trouble etc.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

BBR might be selling it but there renault parts,i have this from a very reliable source who has seen these tested at the r-sport factory

The Jinx

Why would someone sell Renault parts rather than their own gear? Why eould anyone buy the renault parts from anyone other than Renault?

I think your source is incorrect. Maybe the fanny mould is a r-sport job but none of the bits mentioned in evo are claimed to be renault bits or tested by renault. Why would renault give a toss about an aftermarket tuner on a run-out model of car?

Either way you look at it you will never get 16bhp using a chip, cat back and panel filter.

What renault parts do they use?

And GrpN means showroom std! They only have very very very minor allowances.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 07 September 2005

What renault parts do they use?

Renault make loads of uprated parts they do have quite a racing pedigree,the cam and ecu are renault,i think they might use the r-sport inlet manifold,i couldnt care less if this kit is a load of sh*te but ive been told by people related to renault who have seen this proven

Quote: Originally posted by matty w on 07 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 07 September 2005

How do you work that out when you can buy an r-sport ecu,uprated cams,larger bore inlet manifold,
Thats the dfination of Group N parts little modification is allowed. You can yes buy the bits but there not the best and not hugly modified there are better cams and better throttle bodies (individal ones for a start). The ECu is programmed for a drop in so its not perfect they are just easy you buy the cams etc and ECu plug them in and go no need for an aftermarket remap at £500. However they arnt perfect mapping to the cars needs.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Quote: Originally posted by matty w on 05 September 2005

This kit uses renault parts,renault make masses of MOTORSPORT parts,and renault have rolling roaded this kit which is where the power figures come from,so all of the parts for this kit can be brought from renault

Renault sport make plenty of racing parts yes, but what is this kit supposedly using?

Either way, the renault sport parts are very very far from the be all and end all of optimum performance, in many ways they can be seen as crap. I still cant see how it makes 202bhp even with renault sport filter, cams, remap and exhaust.

Its not renault parts!!

It is a BBR star chip a cat back exhaust and a panel filter. I do not know about the cams but I imagine BBR would source there own cams (cheaper).

Why would BBR use Renault parts?

Why would Renault rolling road a UK tuning firms car to verify power figures?

R Sport inlet Manifold? I thought all 182s had a Renault Sport Inlet manifold.

All questions to matty w and his unreliable source!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

I would be suprised to see 202 bhp,the engine is already in a high state of tune as it is.

ian

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by ian 182 on 08 September 2005
I would be suprised to see 202 bhp,the engine is already in a high state of tune as it is.ian

250bhp N/A is possible out of that engine, but find £12K to do it!!!

i mean look at the old vaxhuall red tops!! they can happily produce 250bhp N/A

I think Ian means 202bhp from std inlet is a bit optimistic from the mods. TBs could get you over 250bhp, but they do cost a fraction more! lol

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

I cant be arsed to argue the toss about this,it would be easier for bbr to buy r-sport cams than source there own,surely renault would be happier to keep the warranty on the car if they were there parts,

ben r why are you saying these parts are crap you dont like people saying things about your products do you

This is all i have to say on this subject i wont be having this kit,i was only trying to inform people of what i had been told about this package end of

Quote: Originally posted by matty w on 08 September 2005

I cant be arsed to argue the toss about this,it would be easier for bbr to buy r-sport cams than source there own,surely renault would be happier to keep the warranty on the car if they were there parts,

ben r why are you saying these parts are crap you dont like people saying things about your products do you

This is all i have to say on this subject i wont be having this kit,i was only trying to inform people of what i had been told about this package end of

In a Craig from Big Brother styleeeeeeeey.

if you knew ANYTHING about tuning you would realise that NA tuning is not only expensive, but also extremely difficult to get decent gain from, so when someone comes on the market saying "we can do this, we can do that" then you want to see the results proven do you not? Now Ben has been in this game for long enough and him and Andy have been at the forefront of the tuning scene and have built the quickest Clios to date on N/A engines... Id say that qualifies him to say its "crap" if those were his words. Id agree, no f**king way is that car making 200+bhp from a set of cams and an off shelf chip, you need headwork and total custom remap, decat as well, then, only if you are lucky and have a strong engine will you see the suggested figures. imo anyway, id like to see BBR prove everyone wrong, but somehow I think their figures are just a bit too optimistic.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 08 September 2005

if you knew ANYTHING about tuning you would realise that NA tuning is not only expensive, but also extremely difficult to get decent gain from, so when someone comes on the market saying "we can do this, we can do that" then you want to see the results proven do you not? Now Ben has been in this game for long enough and him and Andy have been at the forefront of the tuning scene and have built the quickest Clios to date on N/A engines... Id say that qualifies him to say its "crap" if those were his words. Id agree, no f**king way is that car making 200+bhp from a set of cams and an off shelf chip, you need headwork and total custom remap, decat as well, then, only if you are lucky and have a strong engine will you see the suggested figures. imo anyway, id like to see BBR prove everyone wrong, but somehow I think their figures are just a bit too optimistic.
well have to meet up sometime jesus and you can teach all about the art of NA TUNING over a couple of cans of tennants super,

Its gonna be proper brown bread

The Clio with the reg number featured in the magazines was booked on to 2 of our trackdays. It failed to make it both times which is a shame as it would have been good to see it in action

Would be good if it was the genuine article. Maybe Renault could consider approving a Works type package for the new RS Clio that would leave the warrantly intact. That way, they can still develop the car to appeal to the broadest customer base, but have an option there for owners who want (and are prepared to pay extra) for a bit more performance.

Hows about the £899 package they mention though? For someone like me with little experience in the engine bay, a (claimed) 14bhp increase with a 3 year warranty seems like a good deal. The warranty is the key point for me, cant complain at that as they are clearly backing their work with a guarantee of sorts.

Im not fussed about figures and the like, just how it feels, if it feels quicker and noticeably goes quicker Im happy. Couldnt care less if that was the result of a kit that claims 40bhp or one that claims 14bhp, if its more fun to drive Im happy.

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by ukaskew on 09 September 2005

Hows about the £899 package they mention though? For someone like me with little experience in the engine bay, a (claimed) 14bhp increase with a 3 year warranty seems like a good deal. The warranty is the key point for me, cant complain at that as they are clearly backing their work with a guarantee of sorts.

Im not fussed about figures and the like, just how it feels, if it feels quicker and noticeably goes quicker Im happy. Couldnt care less if that was the result of a kit that claims 40bhp or one that claims 14bhp, if its more fun to drive Im happy.
true, but you wouldnt buy a 14" telly if you thought it was a 40"

True, but then how can such things be regulated because as we know different tests give different results. Much like mpg, the Focus C-MAX quotes about 10mpg higher than virtually anyone Ive read about has actually ever managed.

I guess my point was that, regardless of quoted figures (which to me are just marketing tools, not realistic performance figures), the £899 package sounds very appealing, only thing is I would need to drive one or hear from someone on here I trust with it to know if I should ever do it or not. It sounds like it keeps the general characteristics of the car, which to me is more important than getting 250bhp but having what amounts to a completely different car.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by haitch on 09 September 2005
..only fourteen? bet you only get the ugly ones ;)

i was on about girth mate

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

will soon have cars that people can come down and try, compaired to their own cars....

we have tested losts of cars before and after on the same rollers... does vary powerwise

BBR produce a really well constructed product, but its not going to be 202 bhp everytime.. some will be more, some less.

although most of the gains are with drivability and tractability.... 20 bhp is a large chunk for £1850.... would like too have a go in one...

Ben and I have tested quite a few cars with variuos mods on them and they are all different... some have proven to be quite supprising.... so nothing is taken as read or expected....

if you feel the cars going better then its all worth it.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Whatever the gains its going to be quicker than standard....and in some areas it will be much better than standard,like the suspension tweeks as mentioned in evo

ian

clio sport trophy
I just found this company in francde, guys from renault sport started their companie and have god prices for the clio.
and prices in euro are with work done and dyno tune.
and just the other side of the chanel.

VERSION 1 : Puissance + 10 à 12 cv
Couple + 1.3 à 1.5 m/kg
Tarif ht

Tarif T.T.C

Reprogrammation éprom calculateur injection376.25450.00TOTAL376.25450.00

VERSION 2 : Puissance + 18 à 20 CV
Couple +1,8 à 2,0 m/kg
Tarif ht

Tarif T.T.C

Reprogrammation éprom calculateur injection

376.25450.001 jeu d’arbres à cames bruts routiers770.07921.00Dépose et repose arbres à cames190.20227.48Calage distribution spécifique95.10113.74Pochette joints à spi arbres à cames10.3512.382 bouchons arbres à cames8.259.87Mise au point sur banc des cartographies moteur, courbes de puissance et couples moteur.305.60365.50TOTAL1755.832099.97

VERSION 3 : Puissance + 24 à 26 cv
Couple + 2,1 à 2,3 m/kg
Tarif ht

Tarif T.T.C

1 Jeu d’arbres à cames bruts routiers720.0861.12Dépose et repose arbres à cames et culasse avec calage distribution spécifique510.90611.03Pochette de joints spi arbres à cames10.3512.382 Bouchon arbres à cames8.259.87Préparation culasse515.88617.001 Joint de culasse38.3045.808 Litres de liquides de refroidissement 16.5619.8016 Joint queue de soupapes103.04123.24Mise au point sur banc des cartographies moteur courbe de puissance et couple moteur.627.09750.00TOTAL2550.363050.24

Nota : Kits à usage circuits et compétition.
Devis réalisé sur la base d’un moteur en bon état.
Tarif indicatif.
Puissance origine annoncée par le constructeur, non mesurée sur banc