ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mossy's Cars

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Nice buy, plan to keep this?

I prefer white too, and was also expecting something abit more special :blush:

Seem to be very few white ones about :(
Really couldn't think of anything else to get in my budget and still be a family sport car.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Yes definitely keep the spoiler. Without the spoiler the rear looks so dated and box-like.

Yes you're probably right, the rear is box shaped as standard!

Rest of the car ok?

It is mate, no stone chips, no dents, 2 owners, full renault service history, 51k miles, 70 page service history - it's reads like war and peace!!! Oh and magazine featured.

But one thing that has really, really p1ssed me off is somebody has smoked in this car and there are 4 ciggie burns I have found so far!!! 2 on the drivers door card and 2 burn on the lower rear seat bench. So already on the hunt for interior bits and a few other bits.

Needs the spoiler. 30mm rear spacers, 10mm fronts and a set of springs.
Looks great Paul, love the colour.

Thanks mate :smile: Already got a set of 30mm h & r springs and 20mm spacers in the garage. Are the h & r springs any good? I have emailed DDC in Donny to see if they can get them fitted.

Nice buy.

Keep the spoiler. The rear looks naked without them.

When I eventually stop spending money on the house I plan on one for mine. Along with a few other bits and pieces.

Welcome back to megane world. I'll buy this one of you for the same cash as the inferno if you get bored......!! :)

Yes you're probably right, the rear is a box shape as standard!

It is mate, no stone chips, no dents, 2 owners, full renault service history, 51k miles, 70 page service history - it's reads like war and peace!!! Oh and magazine featured.

But one thing that has really, really p1ssed me off is somebody has smoked in this car and there are 4 ciggie burns I have found so far!!! 2 on the drivers door card and 2 burn on the lower rear seat bench. So already on the hunt for interior bits and a few other bits.

Thanks mate :) Already got a set of 30mm h & r springs and 20mm spacers in the garage. Are the h & r springs any good? I have emailed DDC in Donny to see if they can get them fitted.

Yeah I had the H&R on my old one and Cooksport on this. Both are great TBH.

If DDC can’t do them get Mark Black on it, he’s closer as well.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Funnily enough, as said I bought the car totally blind and was told the car was immaculate but the spoiler paint has blistered with spots all over it!!!

This what I mean :( sorry for poor light.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Yeah I had the H&R on my old one and Cooksport on this. Both are great TBH.

If DDC can’t do them get Mark Black on it, he’s closer as well.

Thanks mate. I have tried Mark before but always seems far to busy and never answers his phone 😧
I gave up trying in the end to be honest - a shame as he is such a great mechanic and local.

Last edited:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Nice buy.

Keep the spoiler. The rear looks naked without them.

When I eventually stop spending money on the house I plan on one for mine. Along with a few other bits and pieces.

Welcome back to megane world. I'll buy this one of you for the same cash as the inferno if you get bored......!! :)

Thanks matey. The Inferno is one car the Mrs told me off for selling - she normally couldn't care less. So getting another Megane was a bit of a no brainer - they do everything so well :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Looks really good mate! lovely colour.

Thank you buddy :) yes the colour is stunning and in really great condition - I have had a quick look over it today (first time it has been cleaned) and can't find any over spray or colour variation so I think it is all original :)

Thanks matey. The Inferno is one car the Mrs told me off for selling - she normally couldn't care less. So getting another Megane was a bit of a no brainer - they do everything so well :smile:
They are right sometimes these women. It's a great second family car. The galaxy does the big journeys with all six of us but the meg is great for everything else.

Never get bored of the induction noise and the decat crackles!

Make sure you do the short shift mod if not already done. Completely changes the way it drives.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Well it was only ever going to be a megane wasn't it as you were smitten with the inferno one. Nice buy Paul. My wife suggested I got another when I was looking for the clio but having had 2 before I would have wanted a .R!
What happened to getting off nights? The job hunt didn't go to plan then?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
The spoiler absolutely makes these in my view. It's the only body mod they need

Thanks mate. The more I look at it and the feedback on here means it will be staying. I think once the 4 X 4 suspension height is lowered it will suit it lovely.

Well it was only ever going to be a megane wasn't it as you were smitten with the inferno one. Nice buy Paul. My wife suggested I got another when I was looking for the clio but having had 2 before I would have wanted a .R!
What happened to getting off nights? The job hunt didn't go to plan then?

Thanks mate - yes it had to be a Meggy - they're (and this one) simply perfect and the next step up from the awesome Clio 182.
As regards to the job hunt it couldn't have gone much better to be honest. I basically had 3 job offers in 24 hours and was spoilt for choice. Again reality swung it as regards to organising child care - doing some night shifts is so much easier to get them to school. This job is 4 on 4 off rotating days/nights so have to do 4 nights in a 28 block, money is great and I am a shift manager again :) and closer to home (just!)

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate. The more I look at it and the feedback on here means it will be staying. I think once the 4 X 4 suspension height is lowered it will suit it lovely.

Thanks mate - yes it had to be a Meggy - they're (and this one) simply perfect and the next step up from the awesome Clio 182.
As regards to the job hunt it couldn't have gone much better to be honest. I basically had 3 job offers in 24 hours and was spoilt for choice. Again reality swung it as regards to organising child care - doing some night shifts is so much easier to get them to school. This job is 4 on 4 off rotating days/nights so have to do 4 nights in a 28 block, money is great and I am a shift manager again :smile: and closer to home (just!)
Yeah I find reality often gets in the way of what's ideal! Kids and school etc is how I ended up working in the dark more often than not, a couple more years and mine can be left to it though :smile:. Where you at and are there any jobs going? I'm always looking for a move.

I enjoy working nightshift.

Quieter at work, less morons about. The commute is better as I tend to be outside the rush hours traffic which means I can have more fun...!

My shift gives me an eight day block at home every month which is brilliant for family life.

This looks amazing mate, really like that colour and 70 pages of history!? Awesome!

I think i'll join the rest and say keep the spoiler, does look pretty decent to be fair but what a shame about the paint...... and the burns!! FFS you did all that with the other Clio, but it'll get sorted I know :wink:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
This looks amazing mate, really like that colour and 70 pages of history!? Awesome!

I think i'll join the rest and say keep the spoiler, does look pretty decent to be fair but what a shame about the paint...... and the burns!! FFS you did all that with the other Clio, but it'll get sorted I know :wink:

Thanks Steve, yes 70 pages (now 75 pages, lol). Yes colour is awesome :smile:

Yes the spoiler is going to get sorted one way or another - I have just found a mint standard liquid yellow spoiler for sale but know I am thinking to keep this one.

I enjoy working nightshift.

Quieter at work, less morons about. The commute is better as I tend to be outside the rush hours traffic which means I can have more fun...!

My shift gives me an eight day block at home every month which is brilliant for family life.

Yes time off when doing shifts is awesome, you can also book 4 days holiday and have a run of 12 off :smile:
I know what your saying about nights but I am the boss whether it's days or nights so my job itself isn't much different.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I was also worried about it not having the F1 bumper stickers but I managed to contact the original owner and he had them removed at Renault because he didn't like them.
So I have ordered some more but I got a bit of a shock when this email came through:
image.png