ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Most embarrassing car you've owned?

A change from the pictures of nice cars, interesting projects and amazing cars, how about the most embarrassing car you've ever owned?

I was out with a mate the other day and he reminded me of a previous car of mine when we lived in Korea.
Imagine 4 lads driving about in this:

6272108612_cf3dbe8157_z.jpg

Had it for nearly a year, treated it like crap and managed to sell it for almost what I paid!

So what has been your most embarrassing car then?
Up to you what embarrassing means!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I believe it would be an H plate Mk1 Nissan Micra in Gold with matching beige bumpers and fetching brown velour interior.

My bike has wider tyres

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Anything mk1 corsa. My god they are s**t cars. And the problem is, when you drive them, people think you think you look cool!!

f**king dreadful cars, dreadful image and definitely the most embarrassing car I've driven.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Only ever owned saxo vtr's and clio sports so has to be the second vtr I had. Silver and slammed with black vts rims lol.

Not a 320d
I once had a Micra (new shape - circa 2010) diesel as a courtesy car which I had been driving about in for a month while the clio got fixed. My god I was so embarrassed to begin with. I absolutely rinsed the thing and gave it death and the thing is it actually handled quite well in fact I enjoyed driving it at times.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Anything mk1 corsa. My god they are s**t cars. And the problem is, when you drive them, people think you think you look cool!!

f**king dreadful cars, dreadful image and definitely the most embarrassing car I've driven.

I used to dream about owning a GSI when I was 16 (1995).

I presume it didn't drive as nicely as it looked?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I used to dream about owning a GSI when I was 16 (1995).

I presume it didn't drive as nicely as it looked?
Correct. They drive just as s**t as a 1.0.

I can't think if any redeeming features... s**t s**t cars.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I loved my red top corsa. Had leather seats, funky white wheels (speed lines or something) and was rapid. (I was 18).

PH2 172
I loved my red top corsa. Had leather seats, funky white wheels (speed lines or something) and was rapid. (I was 18).

Was that a Corsa A or B HANS?The ignorance level on here is incredable.I don`t know what a Red Top is??????Daniel,you should be ashamed.
HANS,did you run it on throttle bodies or was it a straight LET transplant.

Titanium 182
I wrote off a car 2 months after buying it and was only tpft. We had a spare car that was ready for scrapping so I potted about in that for 8 months while I saved for another. It was a 1998 Vauxhall Corsa 1.0l in a royal green type colour. Both front doors had been replaced with pink ones off a scrapped Corsa with the intention of getting them resprayed which never happened. The lights flashed when you indicated, the handbrake cable snapped the first week of my using it. It had flower etchings all over the body where my mum had put flower stickers on it and removed them. The boot used to pop open when driving and the exhaust had separated at the back box so it made sure to turn heads. Punishment for crashing my car I guess!

PH2 172
Opel corsa
Opel Corsa A is a Nova,add modified Red Top with 200 bhp+ and Clio`s are history performance wise.
Maestro turbo`s were good too,rust buckets though,shame that all that`s left of them is the 11mm nut you used to adjust the boost with.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Was that a Corsa A or B HANS?The ignorance level on here is incredable.I don`t know what a Red Top is??????Daniel,you should be ashamed.
HANS,did you run it on throttle bodies or was it a straight LET transplant.
Where did I say I didn't know what a red top is?? :S

Ive owned several cars with red tops in.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I had a brown Mazda 626 for a few months when the cambelt on my mondeo went.

Now that was embarrassing at 18 years old!

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Not had anything embarrassing but people kept thinking I was 70 because I drove a Skoda Fabia 1.2

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Here I think.

Where they fun ?
I was joking with Rich. He (Since i've known him) has had RS6's, Range Rovers, STI imprezas... I was a little taken back that he had a Corsa.

They were not fun no. I had a mk2 Astra Which was pretty good! The Corsa
A Talbot Samba 'Style'.

974cc, 4sp, no headrests, on a C-plate.

Had the girls gushing... not.

uvere2uq.jpg

utagaje8.jpg

I'd love an MI16'd one of them!! Could make people look utterly stupid at the traffic lights!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I was joking with Rich. He (Since i've known him) has had RS6's, Range Rovers, STI imprezas... I was a little taken back that he had a Corsa.
Lol.
Everyone had to have a first car that was s**t. I paid £300 for it with a fucked head gasket. I was quite proud of myself with that car. I 'literally' blew up the engine.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
My first car was awful.

Holes absolutely everywhere, couldn't even fit a second passenger in, let alone any shopping.

Everytime you tried to break you used to end up losing some of the rubber from the bottom of your shoes.

No electrics, no PAS, nothing.

The thing didn't lock! The amount of times I'd go out to it in the morning and someone else was just sat in there.

The paintwork was heavily weather damaged.

Was glad when I got rid of it to be honest.

Here is the last picture of it;

602892434597a47efd3a4a63260b010b_large.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Only had 3 cars so guess it'd be my first car.

Corsa B 1.2 LS.

In light metallic blue with fetching interior, I loved that bloody car at the time.

Not my car but this colour.

77f25e283c402a81841bf30e79dd7ff6.jpg

Lexus Lights
Lowered on Apex springs
Peco Big Bore 4 exhaust
Best part was Compomotive MO alloys.