ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Most powerful in your class

LOL I am the one person that agrees with Matt. You cant really compare different rollers and cant really trust calculated flywheel figures either. Best way as Ive always said, is to quarter mile it. Doesnt matter how much or how little practice you have, everyone will eventually hit a brick wall ie for me that was 14.48 seconds. I have no doubt that with a few more runs to get the launch absolutely spot on I could have done a 14.40 but I could feel that that was all there was to be had. Everyone knows their own car and if they dont its cos they need to drive it more. I think the best way to settle this argument is to gather everyones quarter mile times from last year and this coming year, put them together in Excel or something and make a guide to how much power/weight equates to what quarter mile time. Obviously there are variables like weight but thats not hard to compensate for.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by matt4478 on 21 February 2003

Case in point: I got 131.5bhp ATW at John Nobles in Chesterfield over a year ago - yet I could stick like glue to the back of Mikes 159.3bhp ATW motor round Donnington and I aint a good driver!
Tis true, I was that red 172! In fact I was watching the videos of that day just yesterday! Mind you Ive had a new magic tree since then Matt :D

BTW your driving seemed perfectly ok to me Matt. If you need any convincing just remember that mailto:tw@t">tw@t in the MX5.....

:oops: Thanks Mike, thats the nicest thing anyones ever said to me... Well, nearly...

Anyhow, I think with your new Magic Tree power (good for at least +10bhp), youll be showing me a clean (and fresh) pair of heels. Bugger. Got to get my ClioSpor (missing the last t) sticker slapped on my car to counteract it methinks... ;)

ah, forget the drag strip......

let all go to the track and compare best lap times!! much more fun!