ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Most Powerful N/A Clio 172/182

Just wondering who has the most powerful N/A Clio 172/182. NOS not included ;) . How much power and torque is available from the F4R without Booooost.

VaVa
At a guess I would say Yozzasport. Must be knocking on the door of 240 bhp..... but it's had just about everything done to it!

Clio 172mk2
Laingo said:
At a guess I would say Yozzasport. Must be knocking on the door of 240 bhp..... but it's had just about everything done to it!

ye have to aggree its near on or is 240bhp, duno what torque figures are .

There a engine GDI built some time ago which could make 290hp with the bits it had but as it was a racing engine it was detunned no idea what it actually gave in the end though.

rory182 said:
What do the cup racers make and how do they achieve it? Cams, ITBS etc etc?
197 hp or so the realy speed comes from there gearbox and suspension.

It depends which your talking about the present UK ones I belive run an orbsound exhaust and cat setup (there a Renault part number but you cannot get the part unless you live abroad). Also they run a different intake and a 182 manifold. The ones abroad run a 182 like exhaust instead ie two holes. The early racers used the 172 manifold.
The race series doens't allow any tunning of the engine there a closed sealed engine and ECU.

WHen there used in other series modifications can be done hence th 290hp engine but run without the rules in that series.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
edde said:
There a engine GDI built some time ago which could make 290hp with the bits it had but as it was a racing engine it was detunned no idea what it actually gave in the end though.

Pass me the crack pipe Edde.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Lucky pumped out 222BHP which is the highest i think for an owner who doesn't own a tuning company.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
I must upload that pinch of salt pic.

edde said:

yozzasport - 240bhp?? (TB's, higher compression ratio, headwork)
lucky - 222bhp (TB's)
Ross - 217bhp (headwork)

All of the above have cams aswell and exhaust filter etc

is that 217bhp without tb's??? yoz's car made 205atw last time it was on rollers i believe.

290bhp seems a bit extreme, im sure yoz's car is almost as far as you can go

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
bbpt hit 276bhp..

Read the review here:
http://www.bbperformancetuning.co.uk/articles/article.asp?id=58

the car:
58_6.jpg

58_1.jpg

Lionel Richie
LOL

pinch of salt? i'd suggest drinking the ocean!

ours is upto around 205bhp @ wheels which is "alledgedly" 240bhp @ fly but i've never been into rolling roads

we engine dyno'd the engine last year, but was built to a much lesser spec than it is now, it made 225bhp @ fly

since then, after it went pop, its had a few more tweeks done to it :) scares me when i drive it

Renault Clio 182 Trophy
The Challenge cars run a 6 speed sadev sequential gearbox and are quite a bit lighter (have the manual at home and can check). Iirc they claim 0-100 mph in the low teens.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
Chris n nic said:
lol Does anyone actually know what N/A means? ;)

Chris

Naturally aspirated... (not sure on spelling..)

Basically no forced induction!

or were u taking the mince cos i posted pics of a turbo..?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Andy_J said:
Naturally aspirated... (not sure on spelling..)

Basically no forced induction!

or were u taking the mince cos i posted pics of a turbo..?

Penny drops. ;) Late nite sir?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
fpmsl at this thread. Don't use abbreviations in future, keep in nice and simple for everyone, lol. Reminds me of Big Brother last night when they had to explain to Imogen what 'saboteur' meant.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
We supply F4P 770 vvti ( 1.8 16v ) engines from the new shape laguna to a company that tune them up and fit them to the Proton touring cars ( http://www.mountune.com/ ) these guys tune these to 280bhp so im sure that if we handed them an F4R lump they would see 300 hp easily

M2 Competition
MATT BLACK said:
We supply F4P 770 vvti ( 1.8 16v ) engines from the new shape laguna to a company that tune them up and fit them to the Proton touring cars ( http://www.mountune.com/ ) these guys tune these to 280bhp so im sure that if we handed them an F4R lump they would see 300 hp easily

What sorta prices would they be looking at for this sort of tuning mate?

take it thats with tb's?

if your serious about the 300bhp region your looking at about 18-22k, and no it doesnt have to be on ITB's.

Service life wouldnt be great though.

clio 200 F4Rt
how could you possible get 300bhp on a single throttle body?

or are we talking a custom plenum etc?

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
BTCC and ETCC cars run a 90mm single throttle and typically produce 280bhp and they have limits on RPM so with that limit removed its entirely feasible, just be prepared for regular servicing, i.e rebuilds a plenty

60mm throttle body,close to 290-300 now, limited to 8500rpm, 12mm lift on valves so their lift curves look like flying bricks.

On most modern 16v engines its quite possible to hit the 300bhp marker, even on 33mm inlet valves, but it depends on how efficient the cylinder head is, everything else is relatively unimportant.

BenR said:
if your serious about the 300bhp region your looking at about 18-22k, and no it doesnt have to be on ITB's.

Service life wouldnt be great though.

why 18-22k

what does all the money go on?