ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Most Powerful N/A Clio 172/182

most of it goes into development and manufacture of one off peices if they dont already exist. Pistons with a twin bridge box design made as one offs arent cheap, neither are top spec A/I beam rods (forget H when your really going for it), crankshaft as you'll more than likely retro fit the bearing shells of another engine which are stronger and provide better oil supply along with increased loading. The cylinder head will take several castings to perfect, custom valve designs, then you digitize it so it can be replicated easilt via CNC. Constant cam profile design tweeks, then a hell of alot of time spent on the induction system as it'll more than likely require mould making for carbon or casting, your management and control systems, dry sump system etc.

Your pistons will probably cost 1-1.5k alone depending on how far you go for example.

Consider all that and even 25k is a bargin and a tight budget.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
if 300bhp btcc cars run a 60mm throttle body that rev to 8.5-9 k why are people running 70mm throttle bodies on 200bhp clio's

I'd imagine it may be down to restrictions designed to limit power output. IIRC one year toyota were disqualified from several WRC evemts due to a varying inlet apeture(sp) that opened up under throttle yet remained within the limits under scrutineering.

Lionel Richie
Joe@ShedMotorsport said:
BTCC and ETCC cars run a 90mm single throttle and typically produce 280bhp and they have limits on RPM so with that limit removed its entirely feasible, just be prepared for regular servicing, i.e rebuilds a plenty

64mm single Jenvey body actually

you can do 300bhp through a single 55mm body, its all to do with (BenR geekoid will know the full details) compression ratios, revs, cam profile etc etc. remeber with NA the engine sucks the air in

imagine a stock engine 11:1 comp ratio

imagine a 14:1 engine that revs to 10,000rpm - ooh yes please

why does it cost so much?? to convert to solid lifters so you can run really wacky cams costs around £3K for the parts alone

you be needing a full rebuild every 3-5K miles

look at Millington engines for example, Mountune, cosworth duratecs (best vfm shelf engine going i would say!)

the F4R is a bit poo really!

TDI tyre shreader
Loony said:
I'd imagine it may be down to restrictions designed to limit power output. IIRC one year toyota were disqualified from several WRC evemts due to a varying inlet apeture(sp) that opened up under throttle yet remained within the limits under scrutineering.

I remember that, it was on the old gt4's wasnt it?

TDI tyre shreader
FredYozzasport said:
the F4R is a bit poo really!

Your not wrong!!! I cant believe mine has just started pissing oil out the rocker cover/top half of engine/engine mount piece of crap

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Jones said:
I remember that, it was on the old gt4's wasnt it?

Yeah it was afamily friend that was the boss at the time! Id have to ask my mum his name but George something springs to mind. The team got banned for quite a while iirc!!