ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mot Advice

2005 182 cliosport
Hi All
I've been trying to source the centre bracket for the upright seats in my 182. (the one with the annoying bolt which always rounds off.)
so far I haven't had any luck, my mot is due at the end of Jan.
my back seats are currently in the car just clipped into the hinge on each side. i'm pretty sure not having that bracket would be a MOT fail, any body know different?

**I have found this info and it doesn't mention back seats**

MOT Test of Seats
  • The driver's and the front passenger's seats must be secure.
  • The driver's seat fore and aft adjustment mechanism must function as intended.
  • All seat backs must be securable in the upright position.
MOT Test of Seat Belts including Supplementary Restraint Systems (SRS
Seat Belts

Test Description
Most vehicles after 1965 must have seat belts. Irrespective of that requirement, all seat belts fitted to any vehicle must be inspected for:

• Security of seat belt mountings and locking stalks
  • Security and operation of the locking/release mechanism
  • Condition of webbing
  • Retraction of the belt (it is allowed to manually feed it in)
  • A seat belt load limiter or pre-tensioner must not be missing or obviously deployed
Notes: 1. For technical reasons the inertia locking mechanism is not checked. 2. On some vehicles the belt is attached to the seat, in which case the security of the seat to the vehicle would also constitute part of the seat belt check.

thanks in advance

Last edited:
  Mk4 Mondeo Estate
"All seat backs must be securable in the upright position" would probably be the reason for failure or a generalised "seat insecure".

At the end of the day it all depends on the tester.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Remove the seat prior to MOT? (only an advisory then) It's not exactly a fix but will buy some time to find a bracket