ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT failures :(

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
A few minor issues that caused the 182 to fail this morning :(

001 - Offside Front position lamp(s) not working [1.1.A.3b]

002 - Nearside Front position lamp(s) excessively deteriorated so that it is not visible from a reasonable distance [1.1.a.3d]

003 - Front Windscreen washer provides insufficient washer liquid [8.2.3] - I knew about this, think it's just blocked as I can hear the pump working.

004 - Nearside front Brake pipe kinked [3.6.B.2b] - apparently I can just take the caliper off and twist it round so that the hose isn't being stretched on full lock.

If anyone could assist with which bulbs I need (I've checked and I think they're the 2 small ones that only come on on full beam) that would be super!

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
I've just been and done the brake line, took the caliper off and twisted round. I've taken the 2 bulbs out, it's these ones -

20120616-nuqtwrxqric3n148yfn9rtki4y.jpg

On full beam, there's the 2 I've dotted in red, both that need replacing are the lower of the two so I'm going to head out now and see if I can find some replacement bulbs!

BMW 118d
why do you need to replace the main beam bulbs if it failed on Position Lamps mate? Your Position Lamps are your side light bulbs.

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
I don't, it was the sidelights. Just been to the lovely Halfords and picked up a pair for £3, fitted, job done. Just the windscreen washers to sort now - getting to it requires taking the wipers off which isn't easy!

BMW 118d
I don't, it was the sidelights. Just been to the lovely Halfords and picked up a pair for £3, fitted, job done. Just the windscreen washers to sort now - getting to it requires taking the wipers off which isn't easy!

Ahh okay matey, glad you got it sorted :)

Evo 8 MR
Will it not be the jets on the bonnet that are blocked?

If so just use a pin to unblock them.

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Nah the jets are fine, I unclipped the bit of hose under the bonnet and still nothing!

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Alrite I failed with the bulbs :(

Both of the washer pumps need replacing, took an age to get one of the wipers off. Going to have to get 2 new pumps tomorrow (as everywhere is shut today!) and then get it retested on Tuesday.

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
BTM is a little bit far for me! And yeh the spindle inside the pump was broken :(

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Yeh I guessed that after posting. Euro Car Parts also sell the correct one, it's just marked for MK2 Megane/Laguna on the website. Typical!

Focus RS + S3
i dont know if it'll help but the washer pump on my van packed in the other day, ordered this one off ebay and came next day, works a charm for the money,

are there two pumps with vehicles with headlight washers then?

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Yeh the 1*2 has 2 pumps, one for front and rear screen, the other for headlight washers. Had confirmation from the garage that it has now passed, despite the headlight washers pump not being replaced!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Did the pumps on stuntys 182 the other week, c**t of a job, ended up taking the wiper linkage of to get to the second one!

He got his from EBay.

If you want a 'good' MOT tester let me know and I'll point you to a local one who will see you right in the future ;)

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
That might be useful for next year, cheers.

Had a look at the cert this evening, they've put an advisory for a kink in the brake hose. It's a braided one so I don't think I have anything to worry about?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I've had the same advisory for the past 3 years, it's simply that, something that may need looking at in the future.

If you want the MOT details drop me a PM.

Evo 8 MR
That might be useful for next year, cheers.

Had a look at the cert this evening, they've put an advisory for a kink in the brake hose. It's a braided one so I don't think I have anything to worry about?

Not a major issue I guess but I'd want to put that right personally.