ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mot refusal cup 182 2005 any help much appriciated :)

2005 renualt sport
Had an mot saturday on the clio and failed on some things, just wondered if you could help ? Advisory information nearside inner front brake pads wearing thin, front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakend, rear break pads wearing thin, rear brake discs worn, pitted or scored but not seriously affected,also says front brake imbalance only just met 18%. failure items nearside front lower ball joint offside lower ball joint excessive play and nearside and offside front track rod endball joint has excessive play any recomendations or advice i would greatly recive thanks harvey .

Well you need new front discs and pads, imbalance could be a sticky caliper? or pads stuck in the calipers?

Front discs and pads change is fairly easy, popular combo is Brembo HC discs and Ferodo pads.

Rear discs the bearings are pressed into the disc, so bought from Renault or a trader on here is best bet, again fairly straight forward to change.

And then it sounds like you need lower ball joint and track rod ends changed over for new ones, and wheel alignment after.

Are you planning to get your hands dirty or pay a garage?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Discs and pads all round, new balljoints, new track rod ends.

sorted.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
If you pay your subscription you will be able to find traders on here who can save you a fair few quid on most of the parts you need.

2005 renualt sport
gusy thanks for prompt response as most of the issues are advisory i am right in saying these are not mandotry for a pass but willing to get all done as keeping the car. The garage that mot have quoted £350 all in with a re test thought this was reasonable but might be wrong.

george 172,205,metro
lets face it, everything on there even the advisory's are all safety aspects so its a no brainer just get them done:nono:

2005 renualt sport
yeah i suppose its true safety first its paramount jonnygee what do you guys think i should be paying a garage for all the work not in the trade
?

Depends what the discs and pads look like, if you put a pic up on here of the fronts and backs, and how much material is left on the pads then it can be judged.

If its an advisiory, it will need doing soon but the length of when cant be guessed until there looked at.

I would get the car through the test by getting the failed items changed, by yourself or through the garage, then look into the discs and pads front and back after.

2005 renualt sport
im thinking of just getting it all done as im keeping the car is that a good price 350 all in as above post guysy was goin g to just get it through the mot leave advisory but not that much on the back pads are bad and disks front disks look good but pads are going to need a change soon .

im thinking of just getting it all done as im keeping the car is that a good price 350 all in as above post guysy was goin g to just get it through the mot leave advisory but not that much on the back pads are bad and disks front disks look good but pads are going to need a change soon .

Just make sure they use genuine renault rear discs!! front discs,pads and rear pads will be fine from most motorfactors. but insist they use genuine rear discs.

other than that its a fairly good price