ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motorbike rim tape, opinions please

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Got some cheap rim tape off ebay, its reflective so with flash off camera/sunlight/headlights ect its like neon bright,lol, just wanted to see how it looked really! was only £5 posted!

Before:

5-2.jpg

After:

3.jpg

2-2.jpg

1-2.jpg

with flash on:

4-2.jpg

will take a pic with flash on with both wheels in shot later on to see what it looks like!

what do you think?

I like it personally!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I like it!

Was going to get some myself. Does it look durable? Was it easy to apply?

RenaultSport 172
Is this the stuff that comes in semi circles? If so i've got some orange ones to go on my wheels.

Whats it like to apply?

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
I like it!

Was going to get some myself. Does it look durable? Was it easy to apply?

Yeah it does look pretty durable tbh! for the money! yeah pretty easy to apply aswel! took about 25mins to do all 4 wheels!

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
looks good but does make the wheels look smaller

Yeah it does abit! makes it look like it needs lowering more too, lol, not sure if I'll keep it on, probably be off by FCS! just took a pic with flash on of both wheels, my god! SO bright! lol

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
comes under the same category at as under car lighting for me....so not my cuppa

Dynamique Flamer
My brother has done this on his motorbike looks amazing, but i would say yours isn't the same colour as your car so I dont know if it looks right? But I still like it :eek:

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
My brother has done this on his motorbike looks amazing, but i would say yours isn't the same colour as your car so I dont know if it looks right? But I still like it :eek:

Yeah it isnt the same colour unfortuantly, shame, would look so much better if it was, such a hard colour to find the same shade as though! I'm going to try and find the closest match and put that on, doubt I'll be able to find any reflective stuff though!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Not a fan of the Titans I'm afraid :p I think Super T's are in order ;) but yeh is pretty nice. Makes the wheels look smaller but better overall.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Ideas on colours then? :)

If I cant find a colour the same as my body colour anywhere!

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
I had bike tape on my old wheels:eek:

I like it on yours although as said the alloys look rather small now

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
smart. how do you apply it? does it crease? id do it if i didnt fook up :)

comes in quarters, just stick it on! lol, follow the rim of the wheel and press it down! glue takes a min or 2 to set propperly so you can move it about abit to get it right! nope didnt crease at all suprisingly, thought it would be a right pain in the arse but it took like 5-7mins for each wheel it get right.

can get another type that is a roll of tape, and you feed it through some contraption that rests on the rim of the wheel and feed it through, or so I've heard!

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
athankya! undecieded wether to keep it or not tbh! I do like it but think it would look ALOT better with the right colour!

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Still wanting proper 182 wheels? ;)

I ammmm! well I will be when im back from hol, need all my money for spending money at the mo :(

Mixed responce, It'll be off untill I can find the right colour, or if I get the 182 wheels before then it'll be off forever :eek: