ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

** Motorshow £5 guide for FREE **

Meg on pistonheads £6995

at Motorshow Live yesterday!

EXCELLENT:

my tips:

1) buy a £5.00 guide (first PM for a FREE one!) cos the show is very spread out (indoors and out) and we must have walked 5 miles+. Outdoor stuff is not sign posted and accessed via Fire Doors between stands. The Security staff are clueless and guess directions!

2) FREEBIES: there aint many, but FREE Lager on Skoda was good - most hospitality is invite ONLY, but try non-premium brands (Hyundai, Skoda etc.) on the pretence of ........

....."Ive just ordered 6 RS models for my top Salesmen and Im considering a fleet of estates for the Engineers - i missed Business Day - can someone talk me over a Coffee?"

Also nibbles on Volvo were good and FREE Bucks Fizz and corkscrew (wow!) on Sunday Times

3) BRING YOUR DRIVING LICENCE. If you wanna do any of driving stuff

- 4x4 - done before, but looks very good!

- drifting in a Caterham as passenger for a tenner!? - didnt bother!

- Test drives: ONLY high performance car was one WRX and one STi Scooby (next fastest were a Legacy, ZT 190 and Astra SRi - wow!) No Reno or Pug 180..... ONLY max 5 minute blast around cones in car park in 1st & 2nd under supervision, so unless youve never driven a Scooby, dont queue for hours!

4) Live Action Arena £6 (pre-book ONLY) very good, worth the dosh (get to via Fire door next to Fiat). I wont spoil it, but Honda S2000 stunt at end and Meg 225s are brill!

5) Must see: whatever takes your fancy, but my faves (fun to dream world) were new Nobles, Reno (if youve never seen a Gordini Blue 182 with stripes, it stands out a mile!), Fiat Trepiuno, Honda Accord Tourer, New Disco (even thou I hate 4x4s), Nissan Z350 - looks better in the flesh, Pug 407 SW

6) Must touch - White LHD Porsche Cup Alcantara interior & steering wheel

7) MUST pick up - FREE Camera location (Midlands) CD Rom from Midland Camera Partnership - dinky little stand at top of stairs between Hall 4 & 5 near Volvo.

8) WANTED to touch but my mate said no - Promo staff - 90% of staff on stands are Agency Promo staff and CLUELESS about cars!!, but some FIT birds (and guys I spose!) BUT "youre fit, but dont you just know it..."

Emily on Vauxhall was hottest and wanted to lay down in a Vectra estate with us to rest her feet!

9) FOOD & DRINK - take your own - mostly sh*t and overpriced. If you have a burger etc. ask for a fresh one and watch them cook it - they stockpile them for hours - I complained and got a fresh one and a refund!

10) WORTH A LAUGH: LOL @ Maybach - bloody living room on wheels! LOLAROTF @ £25K Mini Cooper Convertible - every bloody option possible - why??