ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motrio 5w/40 Super Extra Fully Synthetc Engine Oil

RB 182 FF,1.2 16V
Has anyone tried Motrio 5w/40 Super Extra Fully Synthetc Engine Oil in their 182?
I've used it for ages in my 1.2 Dynamique & it's superb!
As for my RB 182 though I'm not sure.
Interesting to hear any views or expert opininons.
I had thought of using Fuchs 5w/40 or Valvoline Synthetic 5w/40 but the Motrio is very good value at under £20 for 5 litres.

2002 clio 172
When I took my 172 to birchdown services they said there's no need to use Fuchs stuff. Said there's a lot of scaremongering goes on on forums like this and that makes people go out and buy the expensive stuff. He said people use halfords own stuff without any problems.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
When I took my 172 to birchdown services they said there's no need to use Fuchs stuff. Said there's a lot of scaremongering goes on on forums like this and that makes people go out and buy the expensive stuff. He said people use halfords own stuff without any problems.

Depends partly what the car is being used for / the expected performance of the oil really.

Clio 182 FF
Out of interest what makes you say the fuchs stuff is superb? I will always use a premium oil on a car i intend on keeping as its only long term you'll get the big benefits such as increased engine life