ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mount photos + wonkey engine!!

172 Mk2 Ph1
Renault seem to have maybe successfully diagnosed my knocking noise!!

As per the photos you can see where the upper engine mount has worn away, and you can lift it up from the top like a big flap of rubber... Broken me thinks!!

Also as you can see from the photos there are some screws missing from the bracket area under the battery... apparently the engine is in wonkey as you can just see from one of the photos that the hole doesnt line up and there s bolt/screw there!!!

Was told that potentially someone had taken out the engine to do some work and not put it back in properly, and that it should be sorted out as a priority. They could not quote for it as they said that it would take 3 hours (minimum of £300 labour and then there could be other unforseen problems!!) I don't like the sound of that at all...

Does anyone on here feel like having a go at straightening my engine, don't trut renault to do a good job.

Can I replace the upper mount myself (£50+VAT from renault)?

Does any of this make sense and someone please help me with my wonkey engine situation, is it really wonkey, or are renault just fabricating an excuse to take out my engine and charge me £300!!!??

Attachments

• DSC00421.JPG
    DSC00421.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC00422.JPG
    DSC00422.JPG
    280.2 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC00423.JPG
    DSC00423.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC00424.JPG
    DSC00424.JPG
    284.4 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00425.JPG
    DSC00425.JPG
    263.1 KB · Views: 35
  Lionel Richie
we can do your engine mounts no bother, i wouldn't even charge you to do the top one or the dogbone as they take 10 min!

172 Mk2 Ph1
what about the whole missing screw/bolt issues, would you be able to replace those??

P.S where are you?? I dont mind driving, or can arrange to see friends nearby or something?

Chers Alex

P.S. I am North of Leeds in harrogate.

80MPG BEEZA
engine mounts are easy to do mate as freddy says i've done 3 of the 4 by myself and it takes no time! and i'll do the lower box mount when it needs doing give it a bash or go see fred!