ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mounting My AMP Upside Down

Hi guys,

Im working on a false floor, with some perspex windows. I want to turn my amps upside down, and remove the bottoms so you can see inside, then light them up with neons.

Has anyone done this? I was going to use 4 fans for each amp. 2 to blow over, and 2 to remove the air, so it can re-circulate.

Anyone done this before?

should be ok, by removing the bottom your producing more room for the hot air, and by adding the fans your helping remove the hot air. shouldnt have any problems with over heating

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

mines upside down and has always been fine but its a only a two channel 90 rms thing so probably doesnt make that much heat.

silver valver/hybrid

why do u want to put them upside down? surely youll only be able to see the printed circuit board then?

^^ thats true, youll need to take the top off and mount the right way up? what amps are they? you may find they look a little weedy inside if they arent that expensive.

they both look a little weedy to be fair, but lit up with neons could look ok. Sorry if calling them weedy is unfair, im used to rather large and powerfull home amplifiers.

TDI tyre shreader

Quote: Originally posted by Dink on 14 September 2005
1000wRMS aint enough:eek: at 11v and 4 ohms:p

Bugger me thats got some berrys

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by Jones on 15 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Dink on 14 September 2005

1000wRMS aint enough:eek: at 11v and 4 ohms:p

Bugger me thats got some berrys
Does it send out a current of 1. 21 gigawatts???