ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mounting my amp

Seat Leon FR

hey,

im wanting to do a similar thing to this below with my amp and want to know if anyone knows what exactly its attached to? i have had a feel at the back of my seats and it feels hollow apart from a few, what feels like, rods. obviously i would mount it onto mdf like this guy first.

http://www.cliosport.net/gallery/ice/brian4.jpg
(this pic has come from the ice gallery)

any help is apreciated.

"Navy" N17 TWO

im in the same boat m8 - got my amp bolted to the floor at the min - newer models have light-backed seats (no re-inforcement ) Renos way of saving weight Ive been told by my ICE installers

when I can afford it - getting the amp sunk into my left wheel-arch and lighting it up. sound-deadening the doors/bootlid too :)

mailto:trev_q@hotmail.com">trev_q@hotmail.com - msn me for advice/pics of mine :D

from the picture, it looks like they have installed a mdf baffle to mount the amp on, this could be held on in a number of different ways, most common being velcro

Seat Leon FR

i just want the amp out of the way and wont fall off if i go over a speedbump :confused: and if someone breaks in i dont want it easy for them to take it!!!!!

"Navy" N17 TWO

if you want it secure and you have got same seats as me - get it sunk into the side above your wheelarch - same as im getting done (no other way anyhow)

Unless you keep it bolted to the floor, which takes up space without having to get a false floor made - cost just about as much to fix to the side (over the wheelarch)

I can get it in for 60-80 quid, but I decided to go for a vented window and blue lights for it too, and the wires hidden- about 15-170 all in they quoted me.

It will be put in so it wont be took out unless I need to access my rear light cluster

Wish I had it done so I could show off the pics lol :cool:

"Navy" N17 TWO

go for the 60 quid option - get it mounted to the side above the wheelarch

it costin me more as im lighting mine up

why spend £60, take the rear seat out, offer up a 12mm mdf panel and cut to size and shape of the back of the seat, then screw directly to the seat, dont use velcro, itll just fall off, and trim like that, I have a kk 1 so the back of the seat is metal so not so much of a problem, but there mut be points u can attach a panel too.

Quote: Originally posted by cswclio on 09 March 2005
dont use velcro, itll just fall off,

trust me, get some decent velcro, it wont fall off

Seat Leon FR

Quote: Originally posted by cswclio on 09 March 2005
why spend £60, take the rear seat out, offer up a 12mm mdf panel and cut to size and shape of the back of the seat, then screw directly to the seat, dont use velcro, itll just fall off, and trim like that, I have a kk 1 so the back of the seat is metal so not so much of a problem, but there mut be points u can attach a panel too.

thats the sort of thing i had in mind.....just nowhere to attach the mdf to!!! :mad: mite have a feel about on saturday see if i can find something to screw to. or if there is wire behind maybe i could make a hole and stick a cable tie round it or something. ill have to have a look at the weekend...

glue a piece of MDF to the wheel well behind the boot carpet, then screw the MDF supporting the amp to this, cheap, easy and no holes in the interior

mk1 clio

well what ive done is drilled holes in the back of the seat and put big screws in to hold the amp in..i seems fine and didnt go through the interior..but mine is a mk1 tho LOL

Ultra Red Megane R26

You can unzip the back of the seat, cut a thin piece of mdf to size and zip back up. Then you can mount the amp no problem!