ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mounts/Polybushing - what's next?

edwarj123

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hey,
I have a NON cup pack 182 which I have been changing/upgrading bits on to stiffen it up - been using for the occasional track day.
I'm not too bothered about the comfort of the ride being compromised, the things I have done have made a great improvement to it and am happy to take that with a harsher ride.
I've done the following and wondered what other mounts can be changed, refreshed, polybushed etc without spending a fortune :)
  • Replaced standard shocks with 172 Cup shocks
  • Replaced springs with Eibach Sportline
  • Replaced top mounts with PMS ones
  • Fitted polybush top right engine mount
  • Replaced dogbone with purple poybushed one
Thanks

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Changing the ARB inner and outer mounts to black series polybush made a massive difference to mine.

Also changing the steering rack to black series helped things too.

Rear strut top mounts I didn't feel a difference really at all. That's with black series.

Whiteline ARB with rose joints made a huge difference but it's now really f**king noisy!

Changing the gearbox and engine mounts to solid ones made a decent difference too but you've already done the insert which imo is a copout on powerflex side, it's just filling a gap lol The power is ridiculously instant with the solid ones.

edwarj123

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Thanks, very helpful.
I was at some point going to get the PMS strut brace on the front, the Whiteline ARB is the rear - is that right?
So I could change the ARB mounts and still look at a Whiteline ARB later or they need to be done together? Are the mounts pretty easy to swap out?
Yeah, I took the easy route on the engine mount, it was cheap, quick and easy for when I wanted it LOL

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Whiteline ARB with rose joints made a huge difference but it's now really f**king noisy!
Has it noticeably stiffened up the rear a decent amount? I toyed with buying all the parts when I seen your post in your project thread but never got round to it. I'm hoping it makes enough of a difference that I don't have to go as stiff with my rear springs when buying new coilovers...