ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Moved on from the Clio - LY R26 Content

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
So I picked this up last week;

Spec according to the previous owner;
* RS Tuning Stage 2 Map - 274bhp 310 lb/ft
* Larger uprated injectors (630cc)
* K-Tec 3" Sport Exhaust System
* Miltek De-Cat
*Samco Silicone Hoses
* Forge re-circ valve
* Forge actuator
* Forge uprated front mount intercooler
* K-tec goodridge Front and rear Braided Hoses
* Short shifter
* Scangauge II with x gauge
* ARP Con Rod Bolts
* Taper Pro Polarised Wheel Bolts
* Cooksport Springs
*Brembo Plain HC Discs
* DS1.11 Pads

I managed to get a few pics today:

13937336300_e2d3431c53_z.jpg

14123968885_cfa0fe1528_z.jpg

14144028653_bc2d7dfcb3_z.jpg

14120953532_10a6d21a06_z.jpg

14120661361_93869bd7a0_z.jpg

As far as plans go - I don't really have any. I specifically looked for a car with the spec I wanted.

I fitted four CS5s in the right size as the car had fairly well worn 225s on it.

I'm going to find some spare wheels to throw some track rubber on and see where that gets me. I suspect the lack of camber might be frustrating both in terms of performance and tyre wear, but I'm not entirely keen to ditch the standard suspension yet. Why does no one make camber adjustable top mounts for standard suspension? :(

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I'm struggling to justify £130 +paint for an R spoiler when I so desperately want to get it on track.

I'm looking at a Spa two dayer, so maybe after than :)

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Gorgeous car/spec. Exactly what I have in mind when i move on from the 172 after uni, 3yrs time :(

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looks lovely! What's it like compared to the Clio then?
I wouldn't mind owning one of these one day

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Looks lovely! What's it like compared to the Clio then?
I wouldn't mind owning one of these one day

I see a lot of people say they are a little bit too grown up and boring compared to the Clio.

I genuinely feel like this handles better than my Clio on ASTs. I've never instantly gelled with a car like I have with this R26, it's always taken me a few days/weeks/months to really figure out how a car behaves and exploit it's capabilities confidently. I was throwing the R26 around like I'd had it for years, on the day I got it!

The only downside to the car is the fuel economy - I don't have a great driving pattern for economy as it is, but my last two tanks were 21 and 23mpg respectively. Not that I really care - it's worth every penny.

I love it.