ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MP3 help

Right Ive got a portable mp3 player and I want to connect it to the standard head unit. Is there a waty I can connect it to the CD changer input, if thats not possible then is there any other way. (Apart from using one of those tape on a wire things!!) Cheers!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

oh dear

ok

get said head unit and remove it

set fire to it

and buy a new headunit

or use a tape thingy (if you must)

I had a new head unit but some theiving bas**rds smashed my window, nicked it, and damaged my dash, now Im out of pocket 350 notes, so Im not willing to have that done again!! There must be a solution!!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

you could find the audio in feed on the changer input but it would take weeks to figure out a way to do it

you could amp yur speakers through the high level inputs in an amp and have a rca in to the amp and play mp3s from your player into that

Hehe tom, i found that amusing:)

oh dear

ok

get said head unit and remove it

set fire to it

and buy a new headunit

or use a tape thingy (if you must)

right I wanted to ask exactly the same question... I have the standard CD/radio with a 2002 clio, with I have a changer fitted as well. I just bought an ipod and it would be superb if i could link it to the car stereo. Is this possible?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

if the cdchager uses the standard alpine connection (ai-net) you can get a box that gives you a extra connection input but the hu wont support it

the only way is to use fm modulation which should sound better than using the tape thingy