ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MP3s / 6CD / Stalks / Display!

Bit of a long shot but after a bit of help with audio.

Ive searched through the forums, and cant find anything specific to this solution, and many people seem to have different thoughts on stalks/displays.

I currently have the standard Cd head unit in my 172, the 6CD changer.

I want to get an MP3 capable head unit. A few questions...

1/ Will an aftermarket MP3 Head unit be able to receive the input from the standard Renault/Alpine 6 CD changer

2/ Will the stalk still function correctly. ie. Control Head unit CDs/MP3 CDs, source etc as well as 6CD changer?

3/ Will the display show Text from MP3s and continue to display radio stations etc.?

I have seen some similar queries answered, can anyone recommend the best solution to all the above. I know displays/stalks have been overcome by adapters, but will the 6CD changer still be controlled and all other functionality kept?

the standard changer will not work with ANY aftermarket head units.

you can get one of the new model alpine head units and a steering wheel stalk and display adaptor so that you can have the screen and the steering remote working.

Clio200 EDC Lux

Would have thought someone would have made a conversion plug so the renault changer would work with other HU.

Quote: Originally posted by Storm_Force on 08 July 2005

Would have thought someone would have made a conversion plug so the renault changer would work with other HU.

You would have thought so