ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MP4 to Avi Convertor needed for HD Camcorder

Shhh
We have a Flip Ultra HD thing, and it records in 720 or 1080 MP4.

We need to reduce this to AVI to send via emails as its about 1/5 of the original sizes.

Anyone know where i can get such a program.

Shhh
I have a free one from download.com, but it reduced the picture from 1024 down to 760x524 so really messes things up.

Which part / version of Nero will i need.?

I have an old copy around somewhere inc genuine key, think its from 2006 though.

It has to convert HD MP4 to Avi files.

ford cougar 2.0 16v
it converts all video if its an older version u just need to get the plugin off neros website. you would use nero vision i have nero 9 and its the most stable one i have found

Cupra
Can you not upload it to Youtube and let people watch it there? That way you keep the HD and quality.

You will really struggle to keep HD and still make a file small enough to email if it is more than a couple of seconds long.

Programs that may do it are: Handbrake, Format Factory or Super are all free.

Shhh
Video is little one (2yrs old) running around garden, mainly butt cheek naked.

I doubt youtube will keep my file up for no more than 20 secs once viewed

Cupra
LOL, yep, probably best not to put that on the internets if you don't want a visit from the local constabulary.

You could upload it to somewhere like rapidshare in a password protected .zip file. Files on there are only accessible if you know the link, and being password protected should give you some piece of mind.

Shhh
LOL, yep, probably best not to put that on the internets if you don't want a visit from the local constabulary.

You could upload it to somewhere like rapidshare in a password protected .zip file. Files on there are only accessible if you know the link, and being password protected should give you some piece of mind.

It might appear to be password protected, but you never know. I really dont think that the files should be uploaded, as you never know where they are copied too. Some sicko might be viewing them all in company HQ and taking them home.

The plan is to reduce file size, and forward via hotmail as an avi file.

If a 2hr movie can be 700mb, i sure can reduce my 2min video from 100MB.

Dont need DVD, the camera has a HDMI output.

Its the Flip Ultra HD, the 8GB version. Video is 720p i think.

bud your missing the point ! i couldnt care less if it had 30 hdmi outputs

you need to convert it to be compressed by a different codec avi isnt a codec its whats called a container format it can contain many different codecs ]

as i said you can convert it to mpeg 2 that way you could write it to dvd and post it and people could watch it on a dvd player OR convert it to divx/xvid and reduce the resolution

give this a go
http://cybernetnews.com/batch-convert-videos/

Polo (not quite a Clio)
Convert a massive array of video, sound, image & other formats for free (no installation) via http://media-convert.com/

I sound like a bot today :( second media-convert post! It is a fantastic utility though, saves installing anything - all you have to do is upload it. 200 Meg file size limit though, but sufficient for most small projects.

All the best,
Ryan

Shhh
Ryan,

I was trying to avoid uploading the files, as if i upload them i may well just upload them to rapidshare etc and give out the link to all those who i want to give the file too.

I wanted to shrink the files from MP4 100MB per min HD footage, to .avi file format, and the ability to put it all onto 1x DVD rom.