ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mpg 182

Hi all anybody else noticed mpg on there 182, when i first got mine it had done 6000miles and was doing around town 26/28 mpg and now it has done 9400 miles i do the same trip to work and im getting 29.9/30+ all the time

What do yoy think?

P

Clio 197

MPG will definately get better after the first few thousand miles...

Im averaging 33 at the moment, which is superb (3.5k).

Im well chuffed with 30mpg around town goes striaght up when i give it a good run. wasnt that happy with 26mpg just shocked its gone up that much !

Clio 182

hey guys i just bought mine and got it on 1st march and i think the mpg is like 22!! i havent ragged it...yet... i might be wrong about that but thats what i think it says. :(

22 well poor cant be right im in town traffic all the time and like i say was 26-28 now 30 my computer purhaps broken but who cares makes me fell better with it always reading 30 not 22 that would really upset me! 22 from a clio i wouldnt mind that on a v6 but that does more i belive

ST

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 04 March 2005

lol 18k later on my 1.2 16v i was averaging 30mpg

so you are all doing excellent ;)
Kin ell, how hard did you drive it? I get around 36/37 in mine after 15,600.

Clio 197

Hi Sean,

Yup... MPG way way better, although Im driving way faster... :devilish:

I really had to hold back with meggy, but with this I can let it rip.

How are you getting on with yours?

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 04 March 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 04 March 2005lol 18k later on my 1.2 16v i was averaging 30mpg

so you are all doing excellent ;)[/QUOTE]Kin ell, how hard did you drive it? I get around 36/37 in mine after 15,600.

foot to the floor, and worryingly not one thing broke on the car that wasnt my fault (bonnet release cable and engine cover)

18k miles and no faults, surely not a renault? ;)

10,000 miles and nothing less than 35mpg, thats on a liquid diet of nothing but Optimax!

Pretty fantastic mpg when you consider the performance.

5200 miles...currently around 26-28mpg

Was low 22-25 to start off from new... was almost in tears everytime i topped up knowing that it was thirsty with the needle barely going over 3000 revs (running in).

Seems to be getting better.... hopefully ill see +30s nearer 10k.

Optimax all the way !

BMW 120i Sport

Doing a steady 65 mph or so on the motorway, i averaged about 39 mpg.

At about 100 mph, it was about 20 mpg :oops:

dk

911 GTS Cab

i dont think the trip computer is that accurate, the range of results it gives for different people is too wide, mine is never anything lower than 27 (except on track) or higher than 33 yet people on here get in the 40s! I do a range of driving and cant believe over 40 is possible in my car with the trip computer!

trouble is with the comp, it doesnt reset itself everytime you to turn it on.

mine will stay on 36mpg but when you reset it you get a proper reading of 30-33mpg

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Ive done 130 miles now and im getting 35.2 and im on optimax

Is it me or are the indicator stalks on the 182 a bit softer when you click L or R than my old 172.

Maybe me,ian

Embarrassed to say

It sips petrol this thing and ive only done 450 miles so far. London to southend last night and it only used half a tank.

it all depends on your journey, mine is a 8 mile journey but it takes an hour, so im sat around alot, hence about 30mpg, but i have had 45mpg on a journey upto the lakes

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

I get an average of 31 MPG in mine and only really trootle around town in it.

Im pretty happy with it considering my m8 gets about 22 MPG in his GTi 6.

mine has droped since fitting induction kit but get about 22-26 mpg when thrashing it and anything from 40-48mpg when on a long run. but if i got a head wind that can drop to nothing higger than 32mpg. the wind make a bigger difference than i thought it would. same as most on here as well. only ever ran optimax.

Clio 200 Cup packed

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 06 March 2005

I run 95 ron mostly and get 34mpg when ragging it and 37mpg when cruising

ragging it to 3000rpm? ;)

mostly town driving, with 5200 miles on the clock, optimax all the way, reset after every fillup and i always get 26-28mpg...

Renaultsport Clio 182

when driving like a typical rover driver I can get 45 out of the 182......however this is never done especially on the commute to work blast between Junction 2 and 1 of the M6 and its down to about 30

Im getting 24-26, but its only done 300 miles. Its still better than my old Audi. I only saw over 20mpg once! Most of the time I averaged 18mpg!

And Optimax aint cheap!

im getting about 43mpg, however the trip computer on mine is a little bit out and it reads about 3 mpg over. I reset it yesterday whilst on the motorway and sat at 60mph i was getting 52mpg (really 49mpg)

not bad for a 2 litre

as for fuel - optimax all the way, seeing that renault recommend 98RON

Quote: Originally posted by davep24 on 08 March 2005
im getting about 43mpg, however the trip computer on mine is a little bit out and it reads about 3 mpg over. I reset it yesterday whilst on the motorway and sat at 60mph i was getting 52mpg (really 49mpg)not bad for a 2 litreas for fuel - optimax all the way, seeing that renault recommend 98RON

I tried this on Monday, sat at 75 on M/way and reset it, it settled at about 34.

Where you going down hill at the time?

As for 43, how do you manage this?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Ive got a thirsty cup. Ignore the on-dash computer its miles off. Do it by writing it down and doing the maths.

I get about 30mpg.

Quote: Originally posted by chris182 on 08 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by davep24 on 08 March 2005

im getting about 43mpg, however the trip computer on mine is a little bit out and it reads about 3 mpg over. I reset it yesterday whilst on the motorway and sat at 60mph i was getting 52mpg (really 49mpg)

not bad for a 2 litre

as for fuel - optimax all the way, seeing that renault recommend 98RON

I tried this on Monday, sat at 75 on M/way and reset it, it settled at about 34.

Where you going down hill at the time?

As for 43, how do you manage this?
got the 49mpg over about 25miles, just sat a 60 all the way. its all about taking it really easy on your right foot.

however my car is very well run in and has done a far few miles (48k in 2.5 years) and it has only ever seen optimax which i beleive makes a huge difference.