ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mpg problem

Range Rover sport
i drive a 1.2 16v no engine mods or exhaust mods just lowerd with 172 look-a-like alloys! there off the late dynamique i think!

well the problem is it usualy runs at about 45.1mph and was in a rush week or so ago and put my foot down for quite a while, now mpg is sitting at 42.6 - 42.8 ! im driving as i usaly would! change at 2 - 2.500 rpm ! moterway jurneys at 60mph but nothing ! it stil will not go back to normal:S

any body have the same problem or know how to solve it?

The trip computer averages your mpg so your adverage hasn't gone up enough realy rest the trip with the button on the dashboard and see what it gets after a few hundred miles as a reading.

mpg is lower in colder weather

custom prospeed one... it was low before i had that put on though! might be because the wheels rub slightly or something like that, the spacers that are in the post should sort that though :rasp:

custom prospeed one... it was low before i had that put on though! might be because the wheels rub slightly or something like that, the spacers that are in the post should sort that though :rasp:

i never used to get over 40 in my 1.2 16v....unless i did 60 on the motorway for loads of miles it would go to 50 odd, but never usually above 40

Evo
I had an 03 1.4 16v with perf. exhaust, induction kit, remap etc and i could manage 56 mpg!
The joys of Bp Ulitmate lol

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
BP Ultimate rules.
Because of the cold weather I've been getting 44ish. Normal Run - City/Motorway 90 miles a day it gives with ease near to 55.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Thats still pretty decent mate. Remember its an average though so it will never be correct.

My new VTR rinsed £40 in two days not even doing many miles!

clio 172 cup
its only a 3mpg difference in my cup ive had as low as 10mpg on a bank holiday to as high as in the 40s

Clio 200 LY/SV650S
I've got 1.2 8v and always at 29-32 mpg and change gear like you before 2400. No mods at all haha. Count yourself lucky :/

Clio 197
i drive a 1.2 16v no engine mods or exhaust mods just lowerd with 172 look-a-like alloys! there off the late dynamique i think!

well the problem is it usualy runs at about 45.1mph and was in a rush week or so ago and put my foot down for quite a while, now mpg is sitting at 42.6 - 42.8 ! im driving as i usaly would! change at 2 - 2.500 rpm ! moterway jurneys at 60mph but nothing ! it stil will not go back to normal:S

any body have the same problem or know how to solve it?

i drive a 197 and average 23mpg driving sensibley.

think yourself lucky!!