ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MSV/Caged owners

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Got myself after years (around 8-10 years) an MSV/Caged rear bolt in cage.

Am I right in saying it needs spacers on the lower rear footwell bar? Looks like it anyway.

Has anyonewho has one confirm that this is the case please. Dimensions and photos would be brilliant too on what hardware it should come with.

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
Yeah it does need spacers. I can’t remember what size they were when I had mine but they were pretty chunky!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I’ve put spacers on the front and rear of mine but they came with the cage so can’t help with what size you need I’m afraid sorry :(

Great little cages though, really stiffened I’ll my track car!

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Is it the same as the k-tec bolt in cage @Keith185 ? That has spacers in the location you mention.

20180313_114950.jpg

Mine was only spaced at the front seatbelt anchor points. If you cant find big enough spacers you could buy a load of big penny washers. At the rear I didn't have spacers and just used some extra long high tensile bolts, think they were something like 120mm length. Info should be in my 182 FF build thread.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was only spaced at the front seatbelt anchor points. If you cant find big enough spacers you could buy a load of big penny washers. At the rear I didn't have spacers and just used some extra long high tensile bolts, think they were something like 120mm length. Info should be in my 182 FF build thread.

Thank you, Good to know with the back as haven’t even tried that one yet. Hopefully be able to get spacer done at work but might go washers to get length tested first. Justbe nice to know the length they originals were.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I think it is. Think the one k-tec sell/you have is further evolution of it.

Any chance you could get me a photo of the spacer with length dimension if you could please?

Will get pictures and measurements later once home from work. I ended up getting some custom made spacers from ebay for the rear. I think the front ones were original.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
This is what I currently have fitted front.

20200718_115205.jpg
20200718_115217.jpg

This is the rear

20200718_115231.jpg

And when fitted in the old 172 I think it had these if I remember correctly.

20200718_115627.jpg