ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Much Cleaning Advice Needed

RS Clio 200
Hi Guys,, i just bought a clio 172 cup to be an ickle project car, and therefore i wanna keep it showroom shiny at all times. Up until now i have always used Autoglym products, although i am still confused to what exactly i need.

Could anyone tell me what the difference is between a wax, sealant and polish.

My mate recommended that i do the following:
wash, clay, wash, wax, wax, polish, polish every 6 months
wash, wax, polish once a month
wash once a week

Thats fine by me, but i have no idea on the product i am going to need to do such a thing - I know there must be better products than autoglym, so can anyone help me out here, with recommendations of products for every stage - and indeed add your own suggestions of wash processes.

will be much appreciated.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Use 2 buckets to wash , using a lambswool washmitt . One with shampoo in and one bucket with clean water to rinse the dirty water off the washmitt . Then dry with a waffle weave towel .

I use autoglym super resin polish , then follow it with autoglym extra gloss protection . Then something like the xxx hardcore paste wax from www.carwashnwax.com .

Try using this shampoo from carwashnwax , Exreme Body Wash N Wax shampoo , its the best i've used . Lots of other good stuff on his website . I've not tried any of the polishes or sealants from here yet cos i've still loads of autoglym left , but i will when i run out .

You could try the final polish , followed by the Extreme Gloss M Seal , then wax it with the xxx hardcore paste wax . I usually apply them with one of the microfibre applicators . Then buff off with a microfibre towel .