ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mufflerectomy?!

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
Hi Guys and Girls,

Not sure if any of you have heard of a mufflerectomy?! As part of the VAG clan ive heard of this and was wondering if anyone has done it on thier Clio before.

Ok basically its cutting off the back box and replacing it with about 70-80cm of pipe followed by exhaust tips. This gives no extra BHP but gives a nice little exhaust note.

Reason i ask this is because my sister (who drives a clio mk3 DCi 106) is in desperate need of an exhaust system (it looks funny at the moment). And while ok on the VAG cars are there any problems/implications on the Clio?

Also if i was going to do this i would cut a bit of the bumper to get it to sit half in the bumper and half off. Would this cause the paint to flake off?!

Thanks

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
this is how it looks at this very moment!

DSC00143.jpg

wait and see ;)
me and my mate did it on his punto sporting... tbh it sounded wa*k... but now he has de-cated it kept his standerd backbox and welded an exhaust tip on it and it actually looks and sounds good now

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Not sure on the renault but we did it on my mates 306D Sport and it sounded really nice, Bit like a jet plane taking off.