ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

multimedia radio

My first post so HI.
My wife had one of the first black 172 in uk, years ago.Sold it do to another toddler.Had a 7 seater for years.
Now I have scraped my van, so I get 7 seater and she gets new (to us 08 plate) 197.

My questions are.
Anything to look out for.
I was going to treat her to a good sterio as standard is plain.
I was looking at flip multimedia ones. DVD, SATNAV. touch screen, iphone connection. Poss tv poss reverse camers.Has anyone fitted one. How does it affect display. Does it still display temp and time. Not bothered about stearing colum controls

I wish.She has been a student for the last 5 years.3 kids and 1 income.Now she is working as a midwife £22k to start.Financed it all. Her present to herself.
I have worked all my life and I get the crap cast offs lmao

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi !

Welcome to the nuthouse.

Stupid question, but does she need a fancy tv/ipod/DVDphoneradio thing ?! I'm assuming (with 3 kids and 5 years further edu.) she's at least 23 ... ;)

Flip screen ones are a bit 2003 IMO .. but what do I know... maybe that's right up her street.

Decent radio is one thing .. but something like that screams 'pop a window and try to steal me'.

Just my tuppence :eek:

No she doesnt need it.When its folded away, it looks like any cd player.She is 38 i am 45 :(
We both loved the megane 250 radio. It scaned iphone , played tunes and answered calls from it. The 197 is so so basic. Doesnt even dislay a counter when fast forwarding a track...rubbish

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Rubbish indeed. The problem was they spent all the budget on the spoiler, but even that ended up pointing the wrong way !

clio%20197%20cup%20spoiler.jpg

I see your problem though .. you'd get used to it eventually :dapprove: .. Perhaps there's a better OEM radio available that will do bluetooth etc, maybe from the 200 or a 'normal' Clio you can pop in instead ?!

If you end up going aftermarket, send a PM to MT Audio on here before you shop anywhere else :)

Good luck !