ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Music stalk controls in 182

RB 182 Cup
Ok, so i've just bought a 182 cup which has a sony head-unit fitted (CDX-RA650 to be precise). The stalk controls by the steering wheel dont work, so I went into halfrauds and asked a mate. He told me that in order to get them to work, i'd need the cable that connected the stalk control to the head unit and clock on the dash (which involved taking the dash off). Oh and a converter to a 3.5mm jack (sony). I let him have a go at fitting it aswell but he said it wouldnt work as the red connector on the cable wouldnt hook up with the clock, and thusly, the stalk controls wouldnt work.

What do I do? Was this the right cable to use (it was an autoleads one)?
I've searched and there are brief references to another cable that dosnt connect to the clock but will still pick up the stalk controls?

Can someone confirm I can make it work, and how?!

Thanks

Blk/Gold 182 FF
i needed to order a specific part that was made by alpine (the head unit ive got) i'm not sure if sony make these cables, maybe worth searching for one. other wise you can try the 'incartec' leads from car audio direct? wat year is your clio?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
you'd need the new CAN-BUS connections then, there abit more expensive from incartec, bout 50 qid i think

cool cheers, can anyone confirm this?

It depends what unit was in there previously.

Older (non CAN=Bus) units were Tuner List

Newer (late 182 onwards) are CAN-Bus, Update List units.

As mentioned above a different adaptor is needed. I dont think there is any easy way to check apart from knowing what original HU was in the vehicle.

But by the sounds of it they have already tried the non CAN-Bus adaptor, so must be the newer one..

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
My mate works at halfords and ordered me a new part that they dont have on the shelves yet. Its basically the same peice of kit but you dont have to take apart your dash and it says "renault" on the top screen display. Ill try to get the part details for you.

Da

Less
I have the CAN-Bus one, £95 I think it was! :eek:

2005 models onwards benefitted from a little alteration to the H/U wiring and thus rendering the older adaptors useless.