ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mx-5 toy

MG ZR 1.8
Seeing as I don't own the Clio anymore.
Thought I'd share the new toy!

1998 black MX-5 1.8i S.
I've enjoyed it a lot more than the Clio so far, I only miss being able to see out my back window!!

This is her, just did a clay, polish & wax
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349902028.995641.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349902054.879978.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349902082.591047.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349902111.799307.jpg
Paint work still needs another go as there is swirling and faded patches. But with a few more hours work think I can get it back perfect.

The plans;
Firstly the rust needs sorting, just two small patches, catch it before it gets bad.
LaminX over the front side lights, a dark smoke to give the front a smoother look.
Waiting for my offset side number plate ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349902215.990489.jpg
Need to fill the drill holes in the front bumper from the old number plate mount.
Alloy referb, colour change.. Thinking a dark gun metal grey, suggestions?
A nicer interior, leather seats possibly.

Funds are a bit shorter for this project as I'm moving out, but she's still going to get the attention she needs.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Very nice. Rover stone grey for the wheels IMO. See goodj's thread, I did his in that colour.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Welcome to the CSMX5OC!

When you say two small patches of rust please don't say they are on the sills?

MG ZR 1.8
The rust isnt too bad looking to fix, got all the stuff necessary . So should be ok.

Thanks for the comments, ill keep this updated on the progress :)

MG ZR 1.8
some people really need to learn to drive, but at least you'll get paid out for it.

If you dont mind me asking, what have the insurance offered you pay out wise ?

They gave me £1700. Which wasn't too bad. The first offer was £1300, I genuinely told them to f*** off. Haha.

It was all sorted within a week of the accident, I had a hire car (paid by the other girl) within 6 hours of it happening too

MG ZR 1.8
Nice to hear the insurance side of things was pretty painless.

I thought it would be a lot harder!
But I managed to get her to sign a piece of paper saying it was her fault completely as she came over the give way line, luckily I did that or it would have taken so much longer & I took loads of photos.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Smart move. I took me ages to sort mine out when I was crashed into at a set of traffic lights! I was with a proper rubbish insurance company though lol

MG ZR 1.8
How did you crash into a set of traffic lights! Bad times!

Yeah I'm with diamond, they seem pretty good

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lol no I was crashed into by a brazillian pizza hut delivery guy who then tried to run. I was stopped at the lights.

MG ZR 1.8
Lol no I was crashed into by a brazillian pizza hut delivery guy who then tried to run. I was stopped at the lights.

That makes more sense hahaha. I didn't read that properly! Soz.
How annoying :/.

I'm scared to go in multi story car parks now lol

2003 1.2 billabong
They gave me £1700. Which wasn't too bad. The first offer was £1300, I genuinely told them to f*** off. Haha.

It was all sorted within a week of the accident, I had a hire car (paid by the other girl) within 6 hours of it happening too

Thats not too bad really, nice that things got sorted out quickly