ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MX5 x Rota Grid V's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
http://www.lowlifeuk.com/automotive/im-big-in-japan/

5722752071_8a453f1410.jpg

DSC_0070 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

Hai Chris.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Spoiler look gay, other than that awesome. I saw what looked like a 60 year old man in the garage the other day with a bog standard looking one with a cheeky fmic. I was tempted to ask if he knew what he had.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks great. I even like the wing :eek:

Only thing I'd change personally would be the wheels, I know they're popular but I don't think you can beat a set of Watanabe's with a decent offset on a '5.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Didn't Turner actually try to torch rota factory? :eek:

<3 Grids.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
F*cking toss. They can't even come up with their own way to differentiate from the normal Grids.

TE37 > Grid
TE37 V > Grid V

Rays > Rota

Fin.

ps. BGW's on Roadsters are winning.

Turbos.
I'll accept the wing if it is boosted, and he tracks it. Bet he don't though...

Rotas suck ass. Little boys need to learn that special feeling of working hard and saving up for genuine wheels, rewarded with that smug satisfaction that you've bought the real McCoy.

I'm pretty tired of this cookie cutter way of doing things. All we do over here is try and copy some other country's scene, but on a lower budget.

Come back with something original...

/rant.

Don't get me started on Rota's makes me rage too. There was a well written piece on one of the blogs I look at regarding the whole "fake wheels" industry and I'd like to think it might actually make people who buy their crap think twice and go buy a second-hand set or simply save longer for the real thing. I'll try and dig it out and post it up at some point this week.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I agree, but it's the way it is. As much as they may be fakes, people on lower budgets like them because they look good and are cheaper than real ones. So it's just going to be the way it is...

dealwithitt.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Rotas are trying to hard. Just like Jason.

It pisses me of when people spend huge money on genuine parts, boast about it... then fit Rotas.

To be honest, I don't even care that the quality isn't that bad. It's the principle of bootlegging off the reputation built up by the manufacturers of the genuine articles.

S23

The Cleee-O
Sick of the Anti-Rota flack TBH. Yes they're copies of Japanese wheels, but it's not like people don't do it in other cheaper sectors that are not to do with cars and I'm sure people buy them too. In an ideal world everyone would love a set of Works, Rays, Volks, Advan's etc but they are a redonkulos price to buy new or, if you can find them, second hand. When I get enough wedge to be rolling on something like them I will, but a set of wheels that has a higher value than a car is both admirable and crazy.

The car looks sick regardless of the brand of the wheels, if they were Rays people would speak differently despite how spot on the stance is.

There are now copies of Rota's too just so you know.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Surely they'd just be even poorer copies of the genuine wheels, rather than Rota copies. lol.

The day a group of people sit down and copy a Rota wheel will be the day time folds in on itself. We'll all be f*cked.

Turbos.
Exactly. I think S23 was just being retarded. Typical Rota fan boy ;)

I have been brought up knowing if i can't afford it, tough s**t. Do any of the boys supporting Rota wear fake Rolexs, or Nikes? Would you truly turn up at a night out with the lads dripping in fake s**t?

I can only face palm at the idea of, just because wheels are expensive, you shouldn't have to pay for them. If everyone copies Rays, it affects their business. If they go bust, who will come up with the new designs?

I really hate the mentality of "Oh, they're a big company...who cares". People who buy Rotas are damaging the scene they are trying oh-so hard to impress. I think it highlights the state of society where our generation expects everything for nothing.

M135i and the shed

I have been brought up knowing if i can't afford it, tough s**t. Do any of the boys supporting Rota wear fake Rolexs, or Nikes? Would you truly turn up at a night out with the lads dripping in fake s**t?

I can only face palm at the idea of, just because wheels are expensive, you shouldn't have to pay for them. If everyone copies Rays, it affects their business. If they go bust, who will come up with the new designs?

I really hate the mentality of "Oh, they're a big company...who cares". People who buy Rotas are damaging the scene they are trying oh-so hard to impress. I think it highlights the state of society where our generation expects everything for nothing.

What he said. Correcto.

Everyone bealed when BBS were in trouble but thought nothing of buying fake LM's and CH's. You can't have it both ways.

Awesome looking car though, minus the wing.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Nice shot, what gear you using?

The only shot I took is the one I've put at the start of the thread and the one at the top of the Blog post.

The one in the thread was done with my Nikon D40 and a Fixed 50mm lens :)

Listerine & Poledo
Mazda's need Enkeis or Fondmetals really anyway.

As for "cheap ass fools using knock-off wheels", how is that any different from running around with a 1.2 in 1*2 clothing?

S23

The Cleee-O

Search for 'drag' in wheels on eBay. Copies of Slipstreams, GT3's and flashbacks. Not deluded or retarded thanks, research it.

I agree with the BBS argument as well, and I would always prefer originals just saying it isn't as detrimental as everyone makes out. Anyway, Apparently Rota bought the designs from the original companies who created the wheels. So you could say that it is down to the manufacturers trying to make something on the side.

BG 182
The only shot I took is the one I've put at the start of the thread and the one at the top of the Blog post.

The one in the thread was done with my Nikon D40 and a Fixed 50mm lens :)

Ah i didn't check the blog out, looks good! Will have to keep an eye on that. 50mm's are bloody awesome.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Who gives a fcuk what wheels some bloke 300+ miles away fits to his car when it has absolutely fcuk all to do with you and has ZERO effect on your everyday life.

If it upsets you, you need to get out more. Its a wheel ffs.

Rota are never going to put companies like Rays out of business though are they?

I had Rota's and Rays on my old teg, and looking back i cant believe i stuck Rota torques on my car. Aside from the potentially debatable safety issues, I would never dream of wearing a fake Rolex, so why slap cheap shitty wheels on your car.

Saying all that though, guess it makes it even more special when youve saved your pennies and bought the real mcoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.