ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 2003 DC5 Integra Type R (Bulid-ish thread.)

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Done a couple of things this week.
  • Baffled Clockwise sump
  • Mugen twin loop in the garage in prep to go on
  • Sorted the s**t range of the alarm fobs (it's the little things!)
Will get pics when it's clean.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah another car I need to try. Was looking at meganes, Mazda Mps but these look great fun

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
+1 I had a look at some when I got my 197 but they were all out of my price range. Put a private plate on one and you really wouldn't be able to tell how old it is. Stunning cars.
I hear you. I think it's aged brilliantly for a 15 year old design.

I've done 4 things that, I think, help it not to look too old.
1. Black front grill
2. Red rear indicators
3. Private plate
4. Wheels, imo the oem ones are farking awful

28999371180_e9fe44951b_c.jpg
phss-topcats-racing-august-2016-2
by Adam Lister, on Flickr

29253609306_0fd62905a2_c.jpg
phss-topcats-racing-august-2016-41
by Adam Lister, on Flickr

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member

Was up at Pistonheads Sunday Service on Sunday just gone, had a quick session. Gave up as it was busy and shite. First 10 mins I had the track to myself mind you.

Might be up for sale after Christmas, I can't decide between boosting this or buying an EVO VI. Wanna buy some parts @Philip. ? :D

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245

Was up at Pistonheads Sunday Service on Sunday just gone, had a quick session. Gave up as it was busy and shite. First 10 mins I had the track to myself mind you.

Might be up for sale after Christmas, I can't decide between boosting this or buying an EVO VI. Wanna buy some parts @Philip. ? :smiley:

Yes please 😂

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Stunning car.
Its such a shame I can't justify the prices these fetch, I'd love to try one for while.

They really are worth the premium over EP3's though. You have to spend a LOT more money to get the same dynamics.

Similar jump for E46 M3 > E46 CSL tbh, you either get it, or you don't.

@adamlstr Just out of interest...what would you put yours up for sale at?

I really don't know. It's worth more in bits, like most. It's not mint if you take the gucci bits off, as I knew I was going to track it.

Mechanically, it's A1.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
The prices are all over the place.

If I put mine up now. You think £9k is over the top? 70k, 2004 pre-facelift :confused:

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
The prices are all over the place.

If I put mine up now. You think £9k is over the top? 70k, 2004 pre-facelift :confused:
Depends how keen you are to sell tbh, you might catch something if you throw it out there for 9k, or late 8's.

You see some out there in the 6's, but I guess they're not our sort of buyer that goes for those.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Depends how keen you are to sell tbh, you might catch something if you throw it out there for 9k, or late 8's.

You see some out there in the 6's, but I guess they're not our sort of buyer that goes for those.

Definitely not! Torque GT sell older cars with more miles than mine for well over £9k!

Peugeot 308
They really are worth the premium over EP3's though. You have to spend a LOT more money to get the same dynamics.

Similar jump for E46 M3 > E46 CSL tbh, you either get it, or you don't.

Oh I can certainly imagine. I hated my EP3 within days of owning it - Genuinely felt like it had the dynamics of a brick.

An old friend of mine many years ago had a fettled DC5 and some serious balls to go with it... I'd never been so terrified/impressed with how capable it was, in the right hands.