ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 2003 DC5 Integra Type R (Bulid-ish thread.)

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I'd never been so terrified/impressed with how capable it was, in the right hands.
That's more or less exactly what my friend said after taking him round Silverstone last weekend. :D

Maybe an idea! Although I gave them a bit of stick when they messed me around after I bought the s15 off them 😂
The only business I've given them in 10 years is a parcel shelf for this 5. :D

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
@adamlstr I need a parcel shelf :(

They were a good company to deal with, REALLY good in fact. It was their aftercare once they'd fucked something up that left a lot to be desired.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
@adamlstr I need a parcel shelf 😧

They were a good company to deal with, REALLY good in fact. It was their aftercare once they'd fucked something up that left a lot to be desired.

I bought one thinking they were quite substantial, and it'd stop some of the exhaust drone.

Nope.

They're basically a piece of cloth.

Nice DC5, & those Rays are gorgeous!

I've recently gone the other way - sold my DC2 & brought an RS Clio - mainly to cash-in on the values that the Hondas seem to be commanding these days. In fact it certainly seems to be a sellers market out there at the moment for all sorts of 'cult' or modern classic cars - with cars that just a few years a go would have been within reach of your average car enthusiast - are now fetching (or least being advertised) ridiculously money!

BTW - despite owning the DC2 - I've never driven a DC5 - they are often compared & I would like to try one one-day.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I bought one thinking they were quite substantial, and it'd stop some of the exhaust drone.

Nope.

They're basically a piece of cloth.

Oh...😂 I was going to get one to try and reduce noise too.
Maybe a waste of money then.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Nice DC5, & those Rays are gorgeous!

I've recently gone the other way - sold my DC2 & brought an RS Clio - mainly to cash-in on the values that the Hondas seem to be commanding these days. In fact it certainly seems to be a sellers market out there at the moment for all sorts of 'cult' or modern classic cars - with cars that just a few years a go would have been within reach of your average car enthusiast - are now fetching (or least being advertised) ridiculously money!

BTW - despite owning the DC2 - I've never driven a DC5 - they are often compared & I would like to try one one-day.

I probably wouldn't do the move back to Renault tbh. 😂

DC2-DC5, I had an EG that had all the DC2 bits I could throw at it, and a B16A. It was a great car, but the K20 is a step forward compared to B-series.
DC2's do seem to be on the up, DC5's less so.