ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My £100 88' Scirocco 1.8 Scala

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
With the job I do I get to travel around the country side of North Wales and Cheshire. On my travels I have come across some real old classic cars etc. Basically come across a Mk2 Scirocco the other week offered the guy £100 and he accepted.

Some good history with the car. His wife had bought it from new. Was last taxed in 1997 this month to be exact. She didn't want to sell it so kept it in the "orchard" (very posh) where up until 4 years ago it was being driven around the land twice a month to kept sweet, then the battery died and they never sorted it so its just been sat still for few years.

Has 99k on clock, 8k more than the Clio. I've owned a Mk2 Golf and Jetta previously so I'm a huge fan of the Dub scene and the 80's early 90's dubs especially.

Going to be a good summer project once this cold snap has fooked off.

Plans at the moment are to mainly just get road worthy engine running etc, then maybe a few mods.

Enough of the sick story bros, heres some pics. (phone pics)

IMG01056-20120210-1105.jpg

IMG01057-20120210-1105.jpg

IMG01058-20120210-1105.jpg

The interior pretty much imaculate just a little damp with the weather, but get a heater in when I get it home
IMG01059-20120210-1105.jpg

IMG01060-20120210-1105.jpg

IMG01061-20120210-1106.jpg

The Engine needs a good tidy up
IMG01062-20120210-1107.jpg

IMG01063-20120210-1107.jpg

The TAX Disc
IMG01064-20120210-1108.jpg

Couple of obvious issues tyres are nackered and slight rust on passenger door, rest of body just needs some tlc and good clean

Should have it home in the next week.

Will keep updated over the coming months

Kris

Z4 Coupe
I love these cars! I always see one on a Tueday night when i go to play football. There is a bloke who owns one, his is absolutely mint!!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Nice one, love these projects

Looks like the wheels are melted into the ground lol

PH1 iceburg
Love these. Friend used to have an electric blue one. I always imagine 80's german p**n stars to drive around in these.

Im not a massive fan of the Mk2 scirocco looks wise but they are huge fun to drive.

At £100 you can not grumble and for little money you will have a nice classic car on the road.

Suzuki Ignis
Dont look to bad, especially for £100.

I got lost in Wales once and stumbled across a village that had an old VW on almost every drive. I wanna try and retrace the route and go and offer people money for cars.

Clio 172
Friend of mine is currently building a MKI with a 2.0 16vT in it should be fun to drive when finished. How much do you reckon you can sell it for once its all sorted?

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
Friend of mine is currently building a MKI with a 2.0 16vT in it should be fun to drive when finished. How much do you reckon you can sell it for once its all sorted?

Looking on Ebay and auto trader there going for around £1000. My mate has a 2.0 16v Mk2 Jetta and another mate has just re-stored a Mk1 Golf Cab so I have some knowledge to help me along the way haha

Clio 172
Looking on Ebay and auto trader there going for around £1000. My mate has a 2.0 16v Mk2 Jetta and another mate has just re-stored a Mk1 Golf Cab so I have some knowledge to help me along the way haha

Excellent I look forward to seeing it back to its former glory.

172 cup
I had one of these in silver with a golf gti engine in when I first passed my test,basically a mk1 golf gti in disguise.Only ever went wrong once,with it being based on a mk1 it has the shitty metal fuel filler neck which rots,fill the tank full of s**t and clogs the fuel system.Not a particularly enjoyable job to sort out but apart from that it was great.

Cheers Ross.

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
Hi all. Been working away for a couple of weeks (not even got round to renewing my membership) so not been chasing the car from the owner until this week. And after a bit of haggling and them realising I was getting it for a steal we have settled on a price of £150 and I will be collecting it tomorrow.

So will have some pics by sunday and will start some progress next weekend. This weekend will be cleaning it and drying the interior as when I last seen it, it felt dampish.

Will post a real update up over the weekend

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
Doesn't look to bad to say it's been sat for all those years!

My step-dad only recently sold his GTX model - he had it since it was new and was using it as his second car for the last 10yrs or so, but he always found an excuse to drive it to work or whenever possible instead of the daily smoker, he loved it that much! Got to admit when he sold it I was tempted :eek: