ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 1.4 clio 3

clio 1.4
hi, i thought i might aswell start a progress thread before i start modding it so heres how it looks at the moment
a6ddcfe0.jpg

that just cleaned and ive got pressed plates on.
ive just ordered some h&r 45mm springs (i know people say buy coilovers but i dont want to go any lower anyway) and im going to be getting some spacer for the rear and possibly the front but ill see how she sits before deciding that, ive also booked the time off work to spray the wheels, which is where you guys come in... im thinking black, white, or this colour
Lotus-Elise_2005_wallpaper_07_c_1024x768.jpg

ive seen it in the metal and its not quite anthacite or grey or silver, the best way i can describe it is titanium'y but i think it will look cool. sorry for going on abit, opinions welcome

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
let me no how you get on with the h and r springs, ive got a set in my garage also 45mm but cant be arsed to fit them atm

1.4 clio dynamique
lol jelly bellys are amazing.
Im getting some springs for mine from a friend I dont know what make they are though. But they looked good on his..

Good luck with yours :)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
How can you not be arsed to put them on? Took you no time to fit my ebaichs last year.

basically i hate cars lol, i do have some h&r spacers aswel sitting around, was thinking some 17" turinis aswel.

clio 1.4
epic bump time

so i finally got round to doing some bits and pieces, i painted the front part of the bump strip (in front of the side repeater) silver but i was never sold on it...more on that later. then did nothing for about six months lol but with show season looming i thought it was time to pull my finger out sooo...
250411-1519.jpg

whilst in progress (she looked abit sorry for herself)
DSCN0200.jpg

280411-1748-1.jpg

so that is:
painted wheels
part of the bumpstrips to match the wheels
painted diamonds to match wheels
renault sport flag type stickers
and wind deflectors (no pics yet)

ive also got spring rolling round the boot waiting to go on, and two 12" subs to wire up now that ive finished the false floor
sorry for going on a bit lol

clio 1.4
so its finally lowered, nothing too dramatic but the arch gaps gone and so is the rolly polly handling ive also replaced the dealer supplied nangkangs with a set of contisportconacts on the front so its like a completely deifferent car to drive, anyway pics
before
DSCN0275.jpg

after
DSCN0286.jpg

(s)Low Dynamique
Hate red cars! But..... this manages to pull it off some how? No idea how but it looks stunning! Well done, it looks great! :)

MK3 PH2 1.2
Loooks proper tidy mate! Love the black alloys and you saying you've put on 45mm H&R springs shows me how low mine will go and its perfect! I don't wanna make speed bumps my enemies ;).

Last edited:
  clio 1.4
cheers mate, didnt go with the h&r's in the end, theyre apex 35mm and they clear most speedbumps fine, but i havent had passengers yet so we'll see how it goes lol

MK3 PH2 1.2
cheers mate, didnt go with the h&r's in the end, theyre apex 35mm and they clear most speedbumps fine, but i havent had passengers yet so we'll see how it goes lol

Ahhh awwwesums, i was like that looks really nice 45mm low and its only 35mm! Looks like ill be going that way seems the cheaper option!

clio 1.4
another update...

got some new wheels for it, they might split opinions but i havent seen them before and i like them so here goes

2011-11-04221443.jpg

they need a refurb, which is where i need opinions most and maybe a cheeky photoshop if you want ;). the options atm are all black, black with polished lip, same colour or colour match the car in the centers and polished lip (thinking outside the box here :/)

oh and its has 10mm spacers on the back aswell. comments and critisism's welcome