ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup

So heres my reasonably new 172 Cup! Competely standard when i purchased it in July.

S1052597.jpg

S1052598.jpg

S1052599.jpg

Since then ive purchased some Ktr carbon fibre door pillars and some new badges from Renault to go over the top of the carbon.

CarbonDoorPillars.jpg

Cup6.jpg

I also brought a 197 Cup badge for the back, a subtle touch which i though looked quite good. Ive seen quite a few cups with the cup badge at the back, but only the stardard style like on the door pillars so i wanted it to be different from others. I removed the sport badge also because i cant stand it! Sorry to all those enthusiasts.

Cup5.jpg

Next was some wheels, i wanted a crap set of wheels and tyres for over winter so i could refurb the turinis into a darker colour, so i sourced a cheap set of turbines for £75 and a full second hand set of Yokohama Parada Spec 2's for £100 (less than 300 miles done on them before i brought them!) A sprayed the turbines matt black because they were white before, but had gone all yellow and pitted.

S1052648.jpg

I've had mixed opinions about these wheels from some people saying that they looks rubbish and the turinis look better, and others saying that its a really nice touch, a bit of retro with new skool! I like them and they will be my track alloys for when i start doing some track days!

Thats it for the time being... More to be coming soon :)

Opinions welcome.
Nick

172 A Cupwork Orange™
1) Get rid of the mud flaps
2) Put the sport badge back on "perhaps look at new style renault sport badge if your not keen on the old style"
3) needs silvervision front indicator bulbs and clear side indicators covers
4) The turbines look rubbish imo, ok for track i guess
5) Needs lowering slightly
6) It's bought not brought

Opinion over

Last edited:
  Cup Turbo, Flamer
Good winter wheels, saves the turinis getting ruined.

I'm not a fan of the carbon fibre, and if you do stick a cup badge on the back make sure it matches the other ones otherwise it looks a bit cheap and just stuck there for the sake of it!

Okay sorry about my english obviously not as perfect as you:rolleyes:

Tbh im not going to bother putting silver visions on, id rather spend money else where other than removing the smallest bit of orange on the car. Ordered springs for it already, there in the post. And for the cup badge on the back, i personally think it looks better than the ones that go on the side, it suits the clio badge much better!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
id rather spend money else where other than removing the smallest bit of orange on the car. Ordered springs for it already,

Why not save the money from the re-furb, sell the turbines and buy some coilovers instead of springs then :rasp: tbh i prefer them when they look totally standard, like mine :)