ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup..

I've had this for about a month now - it used to be sir_dave's on here and I bought it off of 'classicsheepflavour' on here :)

It's a very late 2003 car with 96k on the clock - though 2 years ago it had only done 46k LOL

Dave took it to nurburgring and also used it as a daily motorway commuter - and so did the last lad

I went to view it and was a little put off by the mileage, but after driving it and seeing all the service history (2" thick book of receipts - and it's had oil changed 3 times a year with opieoils top stuff!) I handed over £3k
And I got some cobra daytonas, cobra subframes and a spare 16" silver turini thrown in as well - bargain

The car came with the custom anthracite/silver turinis (which I kinda wanna swap for some standard silver ones!), a ktec-racing stealth exhaust system, eibach sportline springs, ktec racing carbon front splitter and a pipercross induction kit

Since I've had her I've replaced the top part of the dashboard - as the old one had patches of glue on it. Fitted my alpine ipod headunit, powerflex lower engine mount, new rear exhaust mount, OMP steering wheel and my recaros + OMP harnesses :D

I also removed the alarm and fitted a brand new one as at some point in the past the old alarm wiring had been cut and it just wasn't working.

I also removed the pipercross filter and fitted a standard air box, piping and acoustic valve - sounds much nicer now I can hear the KTR stealth exhaust

It failed it's MOT on rear brakes (as they all do) but after cleaning the rear calipers up and greasing it all - and freeing up the rear bias valve by working some WD40 into it - it sailed clean through. The guy said it was the tidiest one he'd seen - so rather chuffed :D

Anyway I clay-barred the car last weekend, and today I got around to giving it a wax and cleaning all the interior etc.. here's some pics

4372710073_6b60418fc3_o.png

4373464450_b92a9f69c9_o.png

4372710943_eed58a93dc_o.png

4372711275_a03eb62964_o.png

shouldent realy leave the car out in the eliments with no wax on it for a week tbh. i realy like this though

I didn't - I parked it there just to take pics
It sits on carpet in my garage all nice and warm ;)

lovely car and those seat look rather comfy, get some floor mats though:rasp:

Yeah it had some really horrid old car mats in it so I binned them rather than try to clean them
Gonna get some genuine renault ones this week

I like it! Reminds me of my old 172 cup. Whats the spec?

As I put in the original post - it's mostly standard except for :-

Eibach Sportline springs
Ktec racing stealth stainless exhaust
Powerflex lower engine mount
Recaro Speed Leather and Alcantara seats
OMP 3" harnesses
OMP wheel
Custom resprayed anthracite CUP turinis with diamond polished lip
Ktec racing carbon fibre front splitter
ITG filter
Alpine IDA-X001 head unit

I'm ordering Ktec Racing group N engine mounts on friday because it's making a horrid metal on metal noise when you really nail it from 4-6k in 1st and 2nd. The engine mounts on it seem to have a lot of play in them

Then I want to order some ktec racing coilovers and lower it a bit more - then nurburgring :D

As I put in the original post - it's mostly standard except for :-

Eibach Sportline springs
Ktec racing stealth stainless exhaust
Powerflex lower engine mount
Recaro Speed Leather and Alcantara seats
OMP 3" harnesses
OMP wheel
Custom resprayed anthracite CUP turinis with diamond polished lip
Ktec racing carbon fibre front splitter
ITG filter
Alpine IDA-X001 head unit

I'm ordering Ktec Racing group N engine mounts on friday because it's making a horrid metal on metal noise when you really nail it from 4-6k in 1st and 2nd. The engine mounts on it seem to have a lot of play in them

Then I want to order some ktec racing coilovers and lower it a bit more - then nurburgring :D

What's the ktec stealth sound like? Mines standard at moment but fancoed either stealth or yozza zorst.

Very nice but not to keen on the rim of the wheels

No me neither - I don't think it goes with anything
I'd really quite like to swap the wheels for some silver turinis - as I think they look good standard. If not I might try and get the lip painted in mondial blue to tie the wheels into the car a bit better

What's the ktec stealth sound like? Mines standard at moment but fancoed either stealth or yozza zorst.

It's quite nice - it's not loud at all but it has a nice note to it when you boot it. Driving around casually you can't hear it at all - I love it

wat u done with the steering wheel u took off mate?? ya wanna sell it if so gis a pm cheers sam,,,

It's in the garage - the thumb grip has gone (as they all do) but if you want the wheel to stick some ktec racing thumb grips on you're welcome to it lol
It also has the wires cut for the horn - but it's sat there doing nothing with the airbag if its any use to you

PS. I have a cousin called Sam in Gainsborough who used to own a silver clio - not you is it? lol

Seats are 'Recaro Speed'

Minter that mate. You'd never think its on 96K.

Cheers mate
The bodywork is immaculate for its age and mileage
It's got some stone chips on the front and the windscreen has about 8 on it LOL needs replacing
But being nearly all motorway miles (23k in the last year, and 28k year before that) it drives brilliantly
Just need to sort the engine mounts out

Looks in great nick. Where abouts in South Yorks are you, think I see Ferrybridge in the distance?

LOL nah - that's west burton ;)

Good to see your not scared of mileage.

I've worked on quite a lot of cars over the years and it's always the under mileage ones that cause grief. Everything rusty, bolts that snap off

I think engines these days are designed to be used - and as long as its got really good service history and plenty of oil changes - it doesn't bother me

She'll just be getting used for weekends, nights and track days this year - no day to day driving - I've got an old R reg laguna for that :D

keo

Clio Trophy
Hi phill i heard you had a clio 172 was keeping an eye out on 106oc thought you would of posted it up on there, looks nice mate i nearly brought a 172 cup start of the year. How do you think it compares to the 106GTI?