ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 on Coilovers

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Been waiting quite a while to get some coilovers and the oportunity came about when my mate was selling his Vmaxx coilovers off his track car

They've done around 4 track days since new so not a great deal of wear

Picture512-1.jpg

Picture526-1.jpg

Picture510.jpg

Picture503-1.jpg

Went to a few different locations and it started to get dark :(

Picture535-1.jpg

Picture552.jpg

Picture551.jpg

Picture569.jpg

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Looks good Chris, thay had only done 2 track days really.So probably less than £200 miles!!
thanks for sorting them out mate, im loving it so far

As for the rubbing, the driveshafts are hitting off the chassis, so will be notching that at some point just as a precaution

She scrapes along certain roads as well

As for the actual handling : the car feels a lot more planted in corners, especially the back end, although i think the whiteline ARB is helping out as well

Cant complain so far, going to go for some 45 profile tyres and maybe somemore negative camber and she shud be just right :)

172 Cup
thanks for sorting them out mate, im loving it so far

As for the rubbing, the driveshafts are hitting off the chassis, so will be notching that at some point just as a precaution

She scrapes along certain roads as well

As for the actual handling : the car feels a lot more planted in corners, especially the back end, although i think the whiteline ARB is helping out as well

Cant complain so far, going to go for some 45 profile tyres and maybe somemore negative camber and she shud be just right :)

I think the springs are quite soft as we were getting cathing problems when going through certain corners at donington and mine was only lowered 30mm
Im not sure where ours was catching as that was the least of my worrys by the end the day as you know!!!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I think the springs are quite soft as we were getting cathing problems when going through certain corners at donington and mine was only lowered 30mm
Im not sure where ours was catching as that was the least of my worrys by the end the day as you know!!!

yeah i know they do seem a lot softer than austin's gaz, although im not complaining :)

I may upgrade them to a little stiffer springs when Ive got nothing else to spend cash on but for the time being I think they should be good enough :)