ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Replica

Clio 172 Replica
Yeah I know lol. Ive Sprayed my Diamond, Wing Mirrors, Dash Insert and Gear Knob inserts black today, will get some snaps up tomorrow!

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
Cup spoiler is a must not sure if that has been mentioned?

I had smoothed bullets on mine also had some 1.2 ones as well, think i still have them actually.

Interior? Steering wheel? Not sure on prices of these now been a few years since i did mine!

172 Cup
Looks good, i don't think there's a problem of making your clio look like a 172 but i'm not a fan of badging a car up to be something it's not.
Anyone in the know will suspect it's not a 172 with it being an '05' plate.

Clio 172 Replica
Looks good, i don't think there's a problem of making your clio look like a 172 but i'm not a fan of badging a car up to be something it's not.
Anyone in the know will suspect it's not a 172 with it being an '05' plate.

I mentioned before... ^
I personally think that NOT putting the 2.0l badges on is silly. It would be like making a cake and putting a sultana on top instead of a cherry? 99.9% of people won't know that sports don't have sunroofs and an 05 plate - lol Ive been a member on here for years (other accounts) and iv had a 1.2 a 1.6 a 2.0 and now (due to circumstances the replica.... and i didnt know that sports couldn't be 05 plates lol
anyway thats just my opinion everyone is welcome to their own. I think it finishes it off nicley and i don't/cant race around in it anyway.

Seems to be like marmite people on here love it or hate it :p

Fabia VRS Special Ed
What's the fuss about the bullets?
I had a rep which I did everything to myself. I kept the 16v bullets and didn't add any sport badges, but that was just personal preference.

172 cup
Looks like you have done a good job mate. And as for the bullets, don't see the fuss as the whole car is made to look like a 2.0 anyway. Only time I hate cars like this is when the owners lie to their mates that it's a real one, which I'm sure you don't.

Just to add my old silver 172 had anchrcite wheels which I though looked good so maybe consider that?

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
I was considering the anthracite wheels to be honest... and as for the bullets, i know. Its bonkers lol

Anthracite suites silver cars, 172 alloys look good powder coated look almost as good as the 182, here's my silver 172
C22BC32F-2611-4CB9-91AB-6E081F92F219-5336-0000039FAC8CB1C7.jpg

172 Cup
lol Ive been a member on here for years (other accounts) and iv had a 1.2 a 1.6 a 2.0 and now (due to circumstances the replica.... and i didnt know that sports couldn't be 05 plates lol
You've got a 172 rear bumper on it and i think that the 172 was never sold on an '05' plate? :)

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
Is that a real 172 ^^^^^^ looks realy high

Yer is a real 172, seems fairly high at the back, but ,mega high at the front! Will be putting it on springs soon, any ideas of why it was so high to start with?

I don't see why someone would make 172 or a 182 replica and keep their original bullets?
I've never seen a Ferrari 355 with a Toyota MR2 badge on it! :clown:

Great work btw, looking great :approve: