ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 172

clio 172
first hi 2 every1 as im new here!! right my 172 feels slow really slow!! i can feel it holdin back abit and it seems 2 drink loads ov petrol well 20mpg is about what im gettin at the mo! and thats drivin normal! if i try givin it abit it sounds really inductioney and just seems 2 hold back and the petrol gadge drops any ideas???:(

Last edited:
  Clio 172, 2001
I take it you've done the obvious stuff, like inspecting the air filter + inlets?

172's are incredibly thirsty for a 2 litre coke can, but you should be able to get at least 27mpg urban, and at least 35 on a run. Any less, it's wallet clobbering time. Have you got a local friendly garage with a Snap-On diagnostic box?

clio 172
its not the headgasket as ive had that checked! its startin 2 go abit better now 2 b honest in my veiw i think the cat might b on its way out

Clio 172, 2001
The Cat? Hmmm, how many miles has she done? If you suspect exhaust, it could be the baffles in the tail box collapsing then clogging.

BMW M135i
I take it you've done the obvious stuff, like inspecting the air filter + inlets?

172's are incredibly thirsty for a 2 litre coke can, but you should be able to get at least 27mpg urban, and at least 35 on a run. Any less, it's wallet clobbering time. Have you got a local friendly garage with a Snap-On diagnostic box?

Bloody hell lead foot. I get 37~ urban and 42~ at 70mph on the cruise.

Clio 172, 2001

Bloody hell lead foot. I get 37~ urban and 42~ at 70mph on the cruise.

Maybe mine's fooked too then! I drive her pretty gently most of the time. I'm going on a 4 hour motorway run on Fri, I'll reset the trip and see what I get @ 70.

Clio 172, 2001
Sorry for hi jacking, but does everyone else's full fat return 37 mpg urban? Thought mine was a healthy example. I don't run with the air-con on, apart from the occasional burst to clear the windscreen. :(