ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172cup and lack of power update

Black Gold with cup packs
Haven't addressed this recently due to some personal issues, and not having the time to get it checked over, but it's back on topic now, and is still not right.
Well the cams are fine, my lack of power was not because the cams were not timed properly!
What the hell is it, prior to changing the cam belt and tensioners the car was perfect.
The current characterists of this problem are as followed. seems to be more torque lower down the rev range, and no mid range power. the power is 'bouncy' if you know what I mean. When I hit the throttle it is revs hard from idle to say 3k then it is just flat all the way! could anyone diagnoise this problem? Could be be because the cams need re-mapping again. I do have the problematic SMT piggy back ECU as well, but have had no problem to date. I am thinking a trip to RS tuning, rip the SMT piggy back out and have a custom re-map to suite the schrick cams. Something major has ****ed the car up down the line though, but nothing is showing up on diagnostics and the car was checked over today and there no other small issues, this is ****ing me off now. I think once I get the car back to top condition I will be selling up and buying a normal car. Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really think the map of the ECU has gone wayward!

It was running in the region 0f 195bhp, Engine wise The only mods are the cams, SMT piggy back ECU with a custom remap and induction kit.

If the cam and the map are not suited, would this cause your car to run like a usless fat c**t?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
possibly but i dont see hows it happened from a cambelt change. you tryied disconnected the battery for 5 mins?

cock mobile.
Who setup the ecu initially?

Maybe worth giving them a call if you know who it was, sounds like it's just not setup properly, but if it was running fine before hand and has suddenly gone wayward it seems odd.

Could be worth getting someone to do a full diagnostic on it, could be a spark related issue?

Good luck with her.

ITB'd MK1
insert in the end of the shrick exhaust cam for the timing tool location had moved. estimate by eye it had rotated some 30 degrees. Couldn't see it until we took the cam out, all the tools lined up perfectly.

Thats impossible!

They are made by people who do F1 cams and make the Veyron engine!

Right Fred! lol

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
guessing this was done when fitting the cams so cant be the problem with my new cup thats down on power and is completely standard but just had cambelt change?